ICTP-East Africa Institute Fundamental Research 2018
The ICTP invites any Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor from the East African region for the ICTP-East Africa Institute Fundamental Research 2018
Application Deadline: 31st January 2018
Expected start date: 1st May 2018
To Be Taken At (Country): Kigali, Rwanda
About the Award: Under the supervision of the Director the incumbents will undertake research in their areas of mathematics or theoretical condensed matter, high energy and solid earth physics and will assist and teach in the Masters programmes. Essential responsibilities include:
- Carry out research in their field of theoretical or mathematical physics.
- Participate in the organization of the Master programme in Physics.
- Teach at least two courses per annum in the Masters programme.
- Supervise students and postdoctoral fellows at the institute.
- Actively participate in the development and running of a Ph.D. programme in Physics and Mathematics and to supervise and/or co-supervise Ph.D. students in their fields of research.
- Help organise workshops, meetings etc. that are held by the Institute alone or in collaboration with other international bodies, especially the ICTP.
- Interface with research staff of the departments of Physics and mathematics at UR and with the ICTP.
- To keep a collegiate atmosphere within the institute and with the Physics and Mathematics departments and the ICTP.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
- Education: Ph.D. in Physics or in a related field.
- Work Experience: At least 4 years of relevant professional experience after obtaining the doctorate. (2 years of which in an international environment is an asset.)
- Experience in lecturing and organizing training activities. (This experience in a developing country is an asset).
- Skills/Competencies: Ability to work in a multicultural environment as part of a team.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: $37,000 – $ 44,000 (US)
Duration of Program: Full-time
How to Apply: Apply online
Candidates may submit any additional documentation (CV, list of publications, etc.) to the ICTP Personnel Office at email@example.com.
Award Providers: ICTP