AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program
In conjunction with the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, AGRA is offering AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program for the international student.
The program provides opportunities for one to two students per year to complete an MS degree at Delaware University while conducting research in their home country in the area of critical need.
Delaware University is committed to excellence in undergraduate and undergraduate education, research and service. It exists to cultivate learning, develop knowledge and foster the free exchange of ideas.
Why you should you apply for this University?
With a research focus and a global reach, UD is the best place for personal and professional growth. The university provides facilitating educational access for students and families to meet financial obligations.
The winning candidate will receive generous financial support including:
- A stipend to cover living expenses while in Delaware (stipends vary by program; current minimum is $18,000/year)
- A stipend of $1,125 per month covering up to eight month’s support for the African “in residence” portion of the fellowship.
- A full waiver of tuition for up to 33 credits (currently valued at ~$53,000)
- Round trip airfare to/from the USA (economy class)
- Computer allowance of up to $1,000 (to be purchased at Delaware)
- Reimbursement for the UD application fee ($75)
AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program Description
- Course Level: The fellowship is open for the BS degree program
- Application Deadline: March 22, 2019
- Scholarship Award: Stipend of up to $18,000/year, A stipend of $1,125 per month, full waiver of tuition valued at $53,000 and many more things
- Numbers of Award: Not Known
- Nationality: African
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program
- Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of plant science, agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, wildlife ecology, entomology, soil science or microbiology or related discipline
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
The fellowship is open for African students with a BS degree (or equivalent) in plant science, agronomy, horticulture, agricultural economics, wildlife ecology, entomology, soil science or microbiology or related discipline. They must have 3-5 years of work experience post-graduation in the agricultural sector.
There are lots of government as well as private job opportunities are available for those who have completed their graduation or post graduation in the agricultural.
The application mode is online (electronically).
How to Apply for the AGRA Borel Global Fellowship Program:
Before applying to UD’s graduate program, send all documents directly to AGRA (JNaibei@agra.org) with the subject line “Borel Global Fellows Program.”
- Statement of interest (2-page max)
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Up to three letters of reference
- A letter of commitment from an African research institute, or university pledging to provide the fellow with in-kind research support for the African portion of their fellowship.
To apply for this fellowship, the applicants must need to take admission to the university.