Edmonds Community College Jobs, Admissions and Tuition Waivers
Edmonds Community College is located in Lynnwood Washington. It was established 1967 and offers certificate or degree in its various programs. The campus in Lynwood is over 50 acre and has 28 computer labs, 9 science labs, 3 eateries, 2 greenhouses, a digital recording studio, an art gallery, a theater, a child care center and a gym.
Unlike other colleges that offer only certificates and degrees for all its programs, in 2017, the college was approved to offer a Bachelor of Applied science degree in Child youth and Family studies. Which is its first Bachelor’s degree program. Some of the programs in the college includes Accounting, Allied Health Education, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, etc.
The college is accredited by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical College. With a core value of academic excellence, student success, and community engagement. There’s no doubt about the dedication go the college towards the success of its students.
With an estimated tuition of $4,107, Edmonds Community College is affordable to both low income earners and middle-class families.
Why choose Edmonds community college?
Below are some of the reason why Edmonds community college should top your choices of community colleges in Washington;
- Affordability of tuition; tuition at Edmonds College is relatively low when compared to other community colleges. With just $4,107 yearly, low income earners and, middle families can easily afford it.
- Well-equipped campus; with 28 computer labs, 9 science labs, 3 eateries, 2 greenhouses, a digital recording studio, an art gallery, a theater, a child care center and a gym, the campus has succeeded in providing essential needs at the student’s doorstep.
- High transfer rate: with a transfer rate of 36%, the college becomes perfect for students who are seeking university enrollment after the 2-year course. According a report in Seattle Times, community college transfer student at Washington’s universities are more likely to finish their Bachelor’s degree when compared with other schools.
- High level workforce training and immediate skill acquisition; statistics shows that the college has a 46% workforce training and 11% immediate acquisition skills. This simply means that the college is well equipped to trains its students with all the resources at its disposal.
- Reduced tuition for veterans and veterans’ dependents: the college is required to waive tuition for the child, spouse, or domestic partner of a veteran or national guard who was disabled in active services, determined by the guard to be a prisoner of war, or lost his life in active duty,
Requirements for Waiver of Tuition/Fee
- A disability letter approved by the govt
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate of dependent
- Service members death certificated (if the veteran died in active service)
Edmonds Community College Admission requirements
- Transcripts: high school experience is not required, however may get credit for classes already taken. Official transcripts for every academic year completed will be submitted to the school. If the transcript is not in English, a translated copy will be submitted
- English proficiency requirements: students are given assessment on English to know the particular class to place them.
- Graduation requirements: to complete the high school programs, students will be required to pass classes and take the necessary exams required. Successful students will be given a high school diploma that meets the requirement of Washington’s state.
- Students who can provide the following official scores will be guaranteed to enter the high school program during their first quarter at Edmonds College.
- International TOEFL 480 PBT, 54 IBT, 157 CBT
- Edmonds College Institutional TOEFL 480
- IELTS Overall Band Score of 5.0 with at least 5.0 in each band
- ITEP Level 4
Edmonds Community College Admission Requirement for International Students
With 1215 international students from 64 countries, there’s no doubt about Edmonds inclusive nature of foreigners. However, some requirements are needed for admission into the college and they include:
Minimum age requirement: Applicant must be at least 16 years. However, applicants who are 15years and have completed high school or its equivalent can be admitted
English proficiency; an English proficiency exam score is not required for admission.
Application form can be filled on Edmonds community college website
Edmond Community College Canvas
Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) used at Edmonds community College for online, hybrid, and web enhanced classes. Canvas is used for assignments, checking grades, student collaboration, and more. Canvas is the digital classroom at Edmonds College. Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) providing instructors with a flexible set of tools for managing course material, assignments, student information and publishing course communications.
Edmond Community College jobs
Available job openings in Edmonds Community College include:
- Campus Security Officer
- Custodian – Part Time Hourly
- Executive Assistant to the VP for Finance & Operations
- Family Advocate (Head Start & ECEAP)
- Foundation – Director of Finance
- HR Consultant 1
- Associate faculty in various departments
- Part Time Program Assistant – Enrollment Services
- Maintenance and Custodial Coordinator – Housing and Residence Life
- Line Cook – Part Time
Edmond Community College Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to 3 sets of students in the form of tuition waiver. The scholarships are:
- New Student College or High School Scholarship ($1,000); The new student scholarship is applicable to first time students in Edmonds. Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript of their last school in English language showing at least one term go grades with a minimum 3.3GPA. they don’t accept test scores i.e. TOEFL or IGSCE.
- Intensive ESL to College or High School Scholarship ($300) For the intensive ESL to college or high school scholarship, applicants must have completed level 5of the IESL program and preparing to transfer to a college or high Scholl program. Below are the requirements for eligibility for this scholarship:
- Transcripts showing intensive ESL grades
- A copy of your class registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credits
- A minimum of 3.5GPA
- College or High School Merit Scholarship ($300) For college or high school merit scholarship applicants must be enrolled in a high school or college course. Requirements are;
- submission of Edmonds unofficial transcripts
- a grade not less than 3.5GPA
- current copy of their registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credit
All documents must show the students name and SID number for eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be an international student with an f1/f2 visa
Scholarships are applied for on the school official website. Make sure to fill out the scholarship that applies to you.
Frequently asked questions
How far is Edmond Oklahoma from Oklahoma City community college
30 min (22.5 mi) via I-44 E and US-77 N