CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: The Jamaica Values and Attitudes (JAMVAT) is now available and Jamaicans are here by invited to send in gtheir applications for the CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM. Applicants are advised to ensure that on application, they should ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to the later to avoid any form of disqualification. Hurry and apply right now!!!
ABOUT JAMAVAT SCHOLARSHIP:
The Jamaica Values and Attitudes (JAMVAT) Programme provides assistance to tertiary students who qualify for admission, but are financially challenged to cover their tuition cost. Access to this programme provides the opportunity for students to participate in the development of the nation’s social capital through their contribution of 200 hours of public service.
In this programme, the Government of Jamaica (GOJ) pays 30% of the student’s tuition cost, which should not exceed $350,000.00 per annum. The financial aid objective of the programme is two-fold. JAMVAT promotes the participating students’ awareness of his/her civic responsibility while simultaneously encouraging the positive values and attitudes necessary for community development and nation build.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT JAMVAT SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS 2018:
JAMVAT have over the years contributed greatly to the success story of education of most Jamaican scholars from challenging Financial background. The number of students that have benefited from this scholarship program keeps increasin over the year throughout jamaica
LEVEL OF STUDY:
CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is for University education( undergraduate and postgraduate)
FIELD OF STUDY:
CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is available to any field of study at the students university of choice
CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is to be taken in Jamaica
CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is intended for Jamaicans
In this programme, the Government of Jamaica (GOJ) pays 30% of the student’s tuition cost, which should not exceed $350,000.00 per annum. The financial aid objective of the CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is two-fold. JAMVAT promotes the participating students’ awareness of his/her civic responsibility while simultaneously encouraging the positive values and attitudes necessary for community development and nation building.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
The criteria CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM applicants should satisfy in order to be provisionally approved for financial assistance are as follows:
- Jamaican nationals, 18 years of age up to 35 years old (on or before December 31) of the year of application.
- Students pursuing their first undergraduate course of study on a full time basis.
- Students that matriculate at tertiary institutions registered by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ), and are pursuing courses accredited by the UCJ.
- Students who have attained FULL matriculation. Students enrolled to bridging, preliminary or articulated programmes do not qualify for assistance.
- Unemployed students.
- Students can be a beneficiary of Student Loan Bureau (SLB)
- Students must obtain a (B) average or Grade Point Average(GPA)of 2.5
- Have not yet attained a tertiary-level qualification, i.e. do not have a first degree qualification.
- Students must be able to utilize financial assistance in the same academic year that approval is granted, no deferrals will be allowed.
- Must be able to perform a minimum of 200 hours of voluntary service at a Government or non-profit organization.
- Should not be students that are repeating their course of study due to academic failure.
- Have not yet benefited from three disbursements of financial assistance under the project.
- Students who are in need of financial assistance.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP:
he programme applications are accepted between April and May of the programme year and are received through each participating school’s JAMVAT Liaison Officer or may be submitted directly to The Jamaica Tertiary Education Commission(JTEC) located at 14 Gibraltar Camp Way, UWI, Mona Campus.
The CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM application form is designed to determine the applicants’ suitability for entrance into the programme. Financial need is a primary consideration and the second being the demonstrated ability by the student to satisfy the portion of the tuition payment that the grant will not cover. Consequently, the applicants must provide Personal data, A recent photo, Employment details, Student status details, The nature of current financial assistance, The amount of current savings, household details, listing of household members and the particulars of two referees.
The form must be signed by the CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM applicant, witnessed and dated. If the applicant is under 18 years old, the application must be co-signed by the parent or guardian.
The CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM Application packages may also be downloaded from the Ministry of Education’s website at www.moey.gov.jm/content/jamvat-documents. Tertiary institutions have Liaison Officers who can assist students in completing and submitting application forms. The approval process is approximately six (6) weeks after the close of application after which time the approval list is published in batches and made available on the MOE and JTEC websites.
Incomplete applications are routinely disregarded therefore the onus is on each student to ensure that the application is accurate and complete. Copies of the approval list as well as programme updates may be accessed at any of the following locations:
- The Ministry of Education website at www.moe.gov.jm.
- The office of JAMVAT liaisons at each school (for information on liaison aides contact the Student Affairs or Guidance & Counselling Department at the tertiary institution).
The latest updates on the CURRENT JAMVAT JAMAICAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM application deadline will be communicated as soon as possible, please stay tuned.