ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Chevening Scholarship is intended for Nigerian students who wish to pursue a 1 year masters qualification at a university within the United Kingdom. Apart from the financial support offered by the scholarship, students also have the opportunity to become part of the influential Chevening global network.
The scholarship will cover the costs of: university tuition (to a maximum of £18 000), monthly stipend, travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK, travel costs to and from the UK, arrival allowance, departure allowance, a visa application.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Nigerian applicants can choose any study programme at a UK higher education institution. Please refer to the UK priorities in your country when selecting your study field.
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Pass the Chevening English language requirement (found at: http://www.chevening.org/apply/english-language-requirement) by 13 July 2017 at the latest
- Completed an undergraduate degree to gain access to a UK university postgraduate programme
- Applied to at least 3 eligible UK university courses and been accepted (unconditional offer) in one of the programmes by 13 July 2017 at the latest
- Have a minimum of 2 years working experience (voluntary work/ internship/ part time or full time) (find out more at: http://www.chevening.org/apply/work-experience)
- Return to your country for at least 2 years after the scholarship award is complete
- Have at least 1 written reference (find out more at: http://www.chevening.org/apply/references)
- Want to be a leader/ opinion former/ influencer/ decision maker in your home country
- Have not received a scholarship funded by the UK government before
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://chevening.tal.net/vx/appcentre-1/brand-0/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/881-Nigeria-Chevening-Scholarships/en-GB (copy and paste the link into your web browser).
You will be required to submit the following documentation (by 13 July 2017 at the latest):
- 3 UK master’s programme choices
- English language test results (this is optional if you have already met the requirements)
- UK master’s university offer (this is optional if you have already met the requirements)
*PS: Please ensure that all documents are less than 5MB in size and are in PDF format.
8 November 2016 @ 12:00 BST.