Tn Hope Scholarship-How To Apply
Tn hope scholarship is a financial support given to non-traditional students who are enrolling in college at least two years after the last enrolment in college. It is a form of encouragement given to students who desire to go back to college after an initial attempt. The scholarship program is for full time students and offers different financial incentives for a 4-year and 2-year colleges.
The Scholarship provides $1,750 with on-campus housing to full-time students sophomore who successfully get the scholarship .
$1250 and on-campus housing is provided to juniors and seniors.
The awards are only available to students who enrol in summer.
Who Is Eligible for Tn Hope Scholarship
The Tn hope scholarship is a laudable program that helps students to get back to campus. There is a lot of pressure to drop out of school especially for those in the lower income bracket . This scholarship seeks to provide incentives to those who have dropped out to return to college . To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following requirements ;
- Must have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year by sept 1 of the application year. For the students beginning summer terms, residency is determined by February 1st.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age and be enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program of a 4 year university or college as either a freshman or with at least 2 years after last attending a post secondary school institution
Enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program in an eligible four year university or post-secondary institutions or after august 1st 2018 while maintaining a continuous enrolment following the completion of an associate degree as a TN Reconnect recipient.
- Must have students and spouse adjusted income of $36,000 or less on IRS form.
- Must be continuously enrolled in the at an eligible post secondary institution in the fall and spring semester and maintain a satisfactory academic progress.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of not less than 2.75 after 12 semesters house and college or other benchmark to be set later9 attempted semester hours before the 2 year break are not counted)
- Must be enrolled in one of the schools in Tennessee wether it is a public university, private college it doesn’t matter.
One good thing about the Tn hope scholarship is that it can be renewed, for student to get the scholarship renewed the following criteria have to be met;
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2,75 at the end of a semester in which 24 and 48 credit hours were invested.
- For a semester of 72 and 96 hours, the minimum GPA is 3.0 for a semester of about 120 hours ( not exceeding 136 hours) the gap requirement is also 3.0.
- If a student did not make up to 3.0 in a semester where up to 72 hours were completed, then he should have a minimum of 2.75-2.99 cumulative gap, the student continued eligibility will be determined from semester to semester.
- If a student ceases to be eligible for the Tn hope scholarship , the student is eligible to receive the scholarship one more time and once the student meets true criteria the award may be re-established.
- Student must maintain enrolment in a post secondary institution in the fall and spring semesters.
How To Apply
You can apply by completing an application form available at FAFSA official website
Application must be received before September 1st for fall semester and February 1st for spring semester.
The following conditions will lead to the termination of the scholarship
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- If 5 years has passed from the day of enrolment at any post secondary institution.
- If student has attempted 120 semester hours or has received Tn hope scholarship for 8 semesters – whichever comes first.
The hope scholarship provides the support that non traditional students need to get back on their feet. It provides some motivation for students to return back to college after a long spell off it.