Ghanaian-German Doctoral Training Programme for young Ghanaians
The German academic exchange service which is referred to as DAAD, in partnership with Ghana scholarships secretariat welcomes applications from young Ghanaians who have a science background for the Ghanaian-German doctoral training programme . The program shall be fully taught in English and has a three year duration.
daad scholarship office in ghana
The German academic exchange program,DAAD, has an office in Ghana where it works with local universities and privately funded students to facilitate educational opportunities in Germany. The information centre constantly provide linkage opportunities in German universities. The office contact address is 30 Kakramadu Rd, Accra, Ghana.
daad scholarship ghana
This is a scholarship that is tenable at the university of Ghana. It is for those who are interested in pursuing a masters degree or PhD in population studies. The scholarship is taken online and is open to west African students . To apply, students should have obtained admission into the university of Ghana, fill an application form and email the scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For more information see www.google.com/amp/s/scholarship-position.com/daads-scholarships-at-university-of-ghana/
who is eligible to apply for the German doctoral training program for young Ghanaians
The PhD program which is specially for Ghanaians is the fruit of international partnership between the German and the Ghanaian government. The program has the laudable objective of working to build level skills in the West African nation of Ghana. The scholarship identifies suitably qualified and passionate young people and trains them in areas useful to their country and securing the development of the future. The German exchange service collaborates with the ministry of education Ghana to organise the scholarship award.
The candidates who are free to apply must meet the following criteria :
– They should be citizens of Ghana who reside in Ghana and who have the national service certificate.
- Applicants should be willing to learn the German language even though the program will be taught in English .
- Candidates must be teaching staffs in a public university or fully accredited private university or polytechnic .
- Candidates must have a first degree or at least a second class upper, in addition, the candidate should also have a masters degree that is equivalent to a B-grade or above but the masters degree cannot be older than 6 years.
Applicants cannot be older than 45 years.
Supporting documents .
There are some documents that are needed in the application , they include;
- Research proposal which should not be more than n 10 pages and must include a detailed timetable.
- Each applicant should have secured an admission with a German university that’s well known , before applying for the scholarship and must have submitted a research proposal to the school and had a German supervisor assigned.
Value of the scholarship
The scholarship award is highly pursued by many for its many benefits amongst which is the ability to obtain one’s PhD at no cost and at the same time in a world renowned German university . The government of Ghan puts premium on this program as it helps it build capability in the tertiary institutions and improves the research ability of her universities.
- Full scholarship for a duration fo the PhD program that includes all costs pertaining to the PhD program which includes tuition , fees, books, study materials for a maximum of 3 years or 45 months.
- Preparatory German language lessons for a duration of 6 months .
- Travel costs to and fro Germany .
- Annual study and research allowance to facilitate the PhD work.
- Provision of a full health ,personal liability and accident insurance cover.
- There’s also a provision for an individual allowance , if applied for.
The application process of the German doctoral training program for young Ghanaians
The candidates are required to send in an application with the above listed documents to the following address , by post before the deadline has elapsed.
The contact address is
P.O.BOX M. 75
The deadline for the 2020 German doctoral training for young Ghanians will be announced very soon and all the information , schedule and additional instructions can be found here
The Ghanaian-German Doctoral Training Programme for young Ghanaians is a support program from the good People of Germany to the People of Ghana. It provides a much needed support for some people to obtain their PhD from Germany and help in Ghana’s development .