Current International Peace Scholarships
Current International Peace Scholarships: The International Peace Scholarship Fund opens for applications for female students studying in the US and Canada for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
Sisterhood contribute funds for the purpose of providing scholarships for selected women from other countries for study in the United States and Canada.
Worth of Current International Peace Scholarships
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
- At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
Current International Peace Scholarships Eligibility
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
How to Apply for the Current International Peace Scholarships
- Information concerning the International Peace Scholarship program is available from P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund, P.E.O. Executive Office, 3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50312-2899 or by visiting www.peointernational.org
- Eligibility must be established before application material is sent to applicants.
- The completed form will be accepted electronically in the IPS office only between September 15 and December 15.
- Application material will be sent to Cottey College applicants after they have been admitted to Cottey and recommended by the Director of Admission.
Deadline: September 15th thru December 15th every year. Applications are accepted from September 15th thru March 1st for currently enrolled students and April 1st for students beginning enrollment. The dates displayed above are those for currently enrolled students.