Apply for 2019 PICFI Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme.
PETROLEUM INDUSTRY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP INTERNATIONAL (PICFI) UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2019
Petroleum Industry Christian Fellowship International (PICFI), an interdenominational Christian organization made up of Christians working in both the International and Local Oil and Gas Companies in Nigeria, has the vision to establish the Kingdom of God in the Petroleum Industry; improve its performance; advocate just and equitable distribution of its associated wealth for social change and national building.
In pursuance of this vision, PICFI invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Nigerians in Federal and State Universities for 2019 PICFI Undergraduate Scholarship Award Scheme.
ELIGIBILITY FOR 2019 PICFI UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Any prospective beneficiary must
- Be a certified Full Time student of any Nigerian Federal or State University at the time of this application
- Not be above 25 years of age by 31st December 2019
- Students in 200 Level and above must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than 3.5.
- 100 Level Students who do not have CGPA can provide their UTME scores
- Not be on any other scholarship award from other companies or agencies.
COURSE OF STUDY
Only candidates currently enrolled in disciplines related to the following areas should apply;
- Sciences/Applied Sciences
- Engineering/Engineering Technology
All applications MUST include scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport sized photograph
- WAEC or NECO result
- JAMB result
- University admission letter
- University student ID card
- LGA Letter of Identification
- Short essay of no more than one page, detailing why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one typed page. Font: Arial; Font size 11)
Entry for 2019 PICFI Undergraduate Scholarship closes on Saturday, 22nd June 2019.
Please note that
- Applicants must fill in valid contact details
- Applicants will be disqualified for incomplete attachments incorrect information supplied and non-adherence to advertised criteria
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to take an aptitude test
- Applicants can find out more information on PICFI by visiting www.picfi.net
Application for 2019 PICFI Undergraduate Scholarship is open to 100 level students only.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clearly scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Admission Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- JAMB Result
- Short Essay – Reason to Receive the Scholarship
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
4. Ensure to provide valid Email and Phone Contact for effective communication
To apply for 2019 PICFI Undergraduate Scholarship, follow the steps below:
1. Visit www.scholastica.ng
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/picfischolarships to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, a passport photograph with a white background is preferable.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the capture centres https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/picfischolarships and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Obtaining NIN is not compulsory in order to complete your application