PhD Scholarship in International Rapid Switch Initiative
PhD Scholarship in International Rapid Switch Initiative: The University of Queensland in Australia invites applications for the PhD Scholarship – International Rapid Switch Initiative for 2018/2019 academic year.
UQ invites applications from PhD candidates to work on key research within the Rapid Switch challenge. This is a cross-faculty initiative led by the UQ Dow Centre for Sustainable Engineering Innovation, and individual student projects can be aligned with the most appropriate UQ School or Institute. Opportunities may exist to collaborate with our industry and international research partners.
They are seeking proposals for innovative new investigations into decarbonisation bottlenecks. These may address, but are not limited to, our current priority questions that include:
- Minimising socio-economic disruption caused by the early retirement of legacy fossil fuel assets.
- The role of electrification for clean-cooking transitions in developing regions.
- Development trajectories for emerging economies such as India, Southeast Asia and Africa, and their influence on energy demand growth.
- Unique challenges for deep decarbonisation of CO2-intensive heavy industries such as cement, steel and fertiliser production.
- The potential for human health and/or local environmental pressures to boost or constrain greenhouse gas mitigation in developing countries.
- The role of policy, trade, finance and capital flows in stimulating or constraining the rollout of decarbonisation technologies.
- Modelling methodologies that are better able to identify and reflect bottlenecks in the rate of socio-economic and technical system change.
PhD Scholarship in International Rapid Switch Initiative Applicants with formal qualifications and expertise in the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- Energy Systems Analysis
- Political Science
- Social & Behavioural Sciences
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Worth of Award(PhD Scholarship in International Rapid Switch Initiative)
- This offer is for a scholarship top-up of $5,000 per annum available for successful PhD Candidates for up to 3.5 years. Top-up scholarships are available to domestic and international candidates, on condition of the recipient receiving an unconditional admission to the University and a full scholarship.
- Selected applicants will be provided with assistance to apply for a competitive UQ scholarship, or a domestic equivalent scholarship, for stipend and tuition supporthttps://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/scholarships. The duration of the candidacy is 3 years with 2 possible extensions each for up to 6 months (PPL 4.80.01 UQ Research Scholarships).
PhD Scholarship in International Rapid Switch Initiative Eligibility
- The applicant should possess excellent academic credentials, including a primary Honours degree qualification (Honours Class 1 or Class 2A) or a Masters degree in a relevant professional area.
- You should demonstrate good oral and written communication skills, interest in high quality research, along with self-motivated and independent thinking. You should have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply for the PhD Scholarship in International Rapid Switch Initiative
To submit an application, use the Apply button below. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter and Resume.
Deadline: applications close 20th September 2018 11.55pm eastern standard time