Fully Funded Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition
Fully Funded Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition: Shelter Tech Kenya, a first of its kind in Africa, is a six-month milestone-based accelerator program supporting early stage businesses and scale-ups in the affordable housing sector covering: renewable energy, waste management, housing & construction technologies and products and water & sanitation. The program, which is supported by Habitat for Humanity International’s Terwilliger Centre for Innovation in Shelter and implemented by BDO EA and Pangea Accelerator is organizing a startup competition in partnership with iBiz Africa which aims to support disruptive innovation and provide a platform for growth in the urban tech space as part of the Nairobi Innovation Week.
There is six(6) Grand Prize Winner consisting of:
All paid opportunity to travel and pitch at Oslo Innovation Week
Scholarship Type: Entrepreneurship
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019 11:59:59 PM EAT
Host Country: Nairobi, Kenya
The competition is open to Startups focusing on renewable energy, waste management, housing, construction technologies & products, water & sanitation, mobility and other sectors relevant for urban living.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Nairobi Innovation Week Startup Competition:
- All Competition applicants must fill out the online form describing their startup along with a (2) two-minute video. Entry must adhere to the entry requirements as defined below. Participation is free of charge.Video submissions should cover the following points:
- Your startup’s value proposition
- What problem your product/service is solving
- Why your startup is a good fit for an opportunity to pitch at the Oslo Innovation Week
- Participant must solve an issue focusing on renewable energy, waste management, housing, construction technologies & products, water & sanitation, mobility and other sectors relevant for urban living.
- Video must not exceed two (2) minutes in length.
Award Providers: Pangea Accelerator and @iBizAfrica, Strathmore University.