French Embassy and Saint-Gobain Master Scholarship
Saint-Gobain and the Embassy of France in South Africa are inviting South African and Basotho graduates to apply to an exclusive French Embassy and Saint-Gobain Master Scholarship program in Business or Engineering.
About the Award: The Embassy of France invites students who wish to continue their tertiary education at Master level in France for the academic year September 2019 – 2020 to apply for its scholarship programme.
This programme forms part of the commitment between France and South Africa to establish fruitful partnerships between their universities while building a vast network of academic and professional contacts.
Students can apply for the first year of a Master’s degree (M1) if they have already obtained a three year degree or for the second year of a Master’s degree (M2) if they have a four year / honours degree. The duration of the grant is one year, once renewable should a student originally admitted in M1 continue with the M2 programme.
Value of Award: This highly competitive programme will fully fund two scholarship holders for two years (year 1 & 2 of their Master’s degree) in a French institution of higher education. Upon the scholarship holders’ return to South Africa, Saint-Gobain’s Sub-Saharan Africa branch will offer their bursary holders employment within their company (on condition of the successful completion of their Master’s).
French Embassy and Saint-Gobain Master Scholarship Description
Course Level: Masters
Application Deadline: 30th March 2019
Eligible Countries: South Africa, Lesotho
Number of Awards: 2
Duration of Programme: 2 years
To be taken at (country): France
Eligibility for the French Embassy and Saint-Gobain Master Scholarship:
Citizenship of South Africa or Lesotho.
- Bachelor’s or Honour’s graduate (depending on the academic year to enrol for), completed or to be completed by the time the student would depart for France.
- Acceptance from three selected French institutions of the candidate’s choice. Students should apply for admission to these universities concurrently to the bursary application (admission letters or at least correspondence with the institutions will be required for complete applications).
- Maximum academic fees (administration and tuition fees combined) financed with a full scholarship: 5000€. For academic fees higher than 5000€ co-financing options must be provided (personal savings and/or enterprise sponsorship).
- No knowledge of French language required, depending on the availability of study course in English. Courses relating to the French Language (i.e. translation, interpreting or French language teaching) must follow a different application process. Please contact Audrey DELATTRE (email@example.com).
Applications from all academic disciplines will be considered, with preference given to the fields of science and technology (eg. Energy, transport, environment and biodiversity, social and political sciences, space and earth science, materials & nuclear physics and chemistry, as well as food security).
Applications to French public universities are recommended since they have French government subsidised fees.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship focuses on students in Engineering and Business and more broadly includes Finance, Supply Chain, Construction (Architectural) and Marketing. Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of the following:
– Phase 1: academic merit
– Phase 2: a short video interview
– Phase 3: psychometric assessment
– Phase 4: top applicants will be selected for final interviews
The selection committee will consist of representatives of Saint-Gobain and the Embassy of France in South Africa.
How to Apply for the French Embassy and Saint-Gobain Master Scholarship:
Start identifying and applying to your French institutions now by using the Campus France search engine. Remember, you do not have to speak French to study in France – numerous Master programs taught in English are available at French higher education institutions.
– download the Master’s information sheet
– download and fill out the Master’s scholarship 2019-2020 application sheet (select the Saint-Gobain scholarship option)
– email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying