UTS Scholarships 2020 for International Students
UTS scholarships are free tuition initiatives aimed at attracting high performing students from the Hubei province in China into UTS undergraduate programs in Sydney. This is a tuition free opportunity.
The university of technology at Sydney offers this opportunity to help highly intelligent students from the Hubei region in china. China has become a global power house with most of the world’s supply chain snaking through it.
It is imperative therefore, to build the manpower of its citizens to be able to meet with the technical demands of a growing world
UTS Scholarships hold a mission to support studies of intellectual students completing senior secondary studies from Hubei province in China at UTS in Australia.
The university of technology Sydney was established in the year 1988 as a public research university. It is established in research, innovation and vocational courses. UTS is a highly rated university in the global city of Sydney. UTS has a strong connection with industry and a major player in the field of tech.
Before its present form, UTS traces its history far back beyond 1988. It is a school with a mission to lead in research and provide a relevant education to its students.
The location of the school is the world-famous Sydney, the melting pot of culture and global commerce.
Benefits of UTS Scholarships?
There are great potentials that would otherwise go to waste without an opportunity like this. But more than that, there is the opportunity to travel out of China which may not have been possible without the scholarship. Travel in itself opens people’s minds and make them more receptive and accommodating. The scholarship also enhances the fluency of the student in a foreign language, which is English.
Eligibility for UTS Scholarships
This is not a scholarship that is open to all. To apply you must meet the following conditions:
- You should be an international student. Not from New Zealand or Australia and not a permanent resident of Australia.
- You must be a citizen of China
- You must have completed secondary school studies or the Gaokao which is comparable to the Australian year 12.
- You must have the qualifications to be admitted to UTS
- You meet the necessary criteria for admission into UTS.
- Can commence full studies in Sydney in 2020 or 2021
- You must not be sponsored by the government.
- shouldn’t be a recipient of any other scholarship.
- Candidate must be academically sound and with high promise.
How uts scholarships candidates are selected
The UTS Hubei scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. It is awarded to the applicant with the highest score in the Gaokao which the highest level in high school in Hubei region. When there is more than one person with the highest score there will be an interview where students are asked how they will contribute to their local community if given the scholarship. So applicants are to submit a response to the above question when they are applying. This is only for Chinese students.
How to Apply for UTS Scholarships
You must be admitted into the undergraduate program in order to be eligible to apply for this application . You can apply for an eligible program with this link.
- Supporting Documents: If there are multiple applicants with the same results, further consideration will be to those who will send a one-page statement addressing the following question:
- How do you intend to utilize your UTS degree to make an impact and contribute to your community, particularly in the Hubei Province?
- Admission Requirements: To study at UTS at the undergraduate level, you need to have completed the Gaokao or senior secondary studies (Grade 12) comparable to an Australian Year 12 in Hubei province, China in 2020.
- Language Requirement: Following certificates are accepted by the UTS: IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAE, AE5/AE6, and OET.