William Ross Murray Scholarship (LL.M) – 2018/2019
William Ross Murray Scholarship (LL.M) – 2018/2019 is a joint initiative with International Students House (ISH). SOAS will cover the cost of tuition fees at the Overseas rate and ISH will provide free accommodation. The scholarship also provides a small contribution in food vouchers. There is one William Ross Murray Scholarship available.
Application Deadline: 20th February 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Field of Study: Full-time LLM
- Must be domiciled in a developing country.
- Possess a good honours degree, preferably first class, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent.
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to pursue the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions and receive an unconditional offer by the deadline.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
- Successful candidates will be notified by end-June. If you have not heard from us by end-June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Number of Awardees: 1
Value of Scholarship: Tuition, Meal and Living expenses
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of Masters programme
How to Apply:
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK Local time) on 20 February 2018.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to your programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an unconditional offer of admission to the full-time LLM at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK Local time) on 20 February 2018
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form which opens HERE on the 23rd January 2018.
Award Provider: International Students House (ISH). University of London, School of African Studies (SOAS)9