Universität Hamburg Degree International Completion Grants
Universität Hamburg Degree International Completion Grants supports its international students on their way to the successful completion of their degrees with degree completion grants.
As a rule, the funding period for degree completion grant is 6 months. The maximum amount of funding is €720 per month. The amount of each grant is calculated according to the criteria stipulated in the German federal training assistance act (Bundesgesetz über individuelle Förderung der Ausbildung, BAföG).
If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
Host Country: Germany
Scholarship Type: Grant
1st June 2019 (for period of funding from 1 July–31 December)
1st December 2019 (for period of funding from 1 January–30 June)
Selection Criteria: Selection is based upon financial need.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Eligible Countries: International
Persons entitled to funding are students who:
- are not German citizens;
- are not eligible for BAföG (federal student loan scheme);
- are preparing for or are in the final examination phase of their studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
International students studying fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
How to Apply for the Universität Hamburg Degree International Completion Grants:
For the relevant application periods, please use the corresponding application link and log yourself in using your STiNE ID (detailed instructions on applying online are available here):
- Application link 1 June
- Online applications require the following documents:
- tabular CV
- reason for your application
- tabular schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- an evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
- Forms: Evaluation for a Universität Hamburg Degree Completion Grant (PDF)
- You must upload these documents to the online application portal.
Award Providers: Universität Hamburg