United States Scholars Institutes – Egypt – The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce the 2018 Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Scholars program for university faculty and other related scholars.
Application Deadline: 17th December, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
To Be Taken At (Country): The United States of America
About the Award: Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars (SUSIs) are intensive post-graduate level academic programs with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions. The ultimate goal of the Institutes is to strengthen curricula and to enhance the quality of teaching about the United States in academic institutions abroad.
Study of the U.S. Institutes for Scholars will take place at various colleges, universities, and institutions throughout the United States over the course of six weeks beginning in or after June 2018. Each Institute includes a four week academic residency component and up to two weeks of an integrated study tour.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Type: Short Courses
- Experienced, mid-career (between the ages of 30-50 years old), highly-motivated and experienced professionals generally from institutions of higher education or research focused organizations (non-profits, think tanks, etc.).
- Graduate degree and substantive knowledge of thematic area of the Institute required. PHD and/or Masters Degree (s) is/are an asset.
- Little to no prior experience in the United States
- Candidate’s home institution should be seeking to introduce aspects of U.S. Studies into its curricula, to develop new courses in the subject of the institute, to enhance and update existing courses on the United States, or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for professionals in U.S. studies areas related to the program theme.
- Fluency in English
- Candidates should be willing and able to fully take part in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Program: 6 weeks
How to Apply:
- Completed applications must include:
- Updated CV/Resume
- Copy of Egyptian National ID and/or passport
- Proof of fluency in English by providing a valid score for Institutional TOEFL (Local ITP), Internet-based TOEFL (IBT) or overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS). If none are available, a proof of English proficiency is
- Applicants may also include up to two letters of recommendation, but these are optional.
- Application form (to download the application and to read application instructions, please visit: https://eg.usembassy.gov/education-culture/exchange-opportunities/
- Please submit your applications and supporting documentation by postal mail or hand-delivered as indicated in the application instructions with the name of the program on the envelope: SUSI Scholar and the name of the U.S. Institute of interest
- Inquiries should be sent by email to CairoSUSI@state.gov
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews and will be asked to send their applications by e-mail. Please keep an electronic type-written copy of completed application
Award Providers: The United States Government