UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest
UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest: The School Superhero Comic Contest is open to all young people up to 25 years old, from all countries to submit superhero of their imagination.
If you’re 25 or under, submit the superhero of your imagination! The top superheroes who can take action against violence in and around schools will be selected for a global vote. If you win, you will have the exciting opportunity to bring your superhero to life by working with a comic artist to publish your very own comic which will be shown worldwide!
UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest Task
- Since the dawn of human civilization, The Silence has stopped billions from taking action against the injustices of violence. Its evil doings have threatened the lives of children and teens, allowing violence in and around schools, from classrooms to dark alleyways, to thrive worldwide.
- For centuries young superheroes from far and wide have overcome the dark powers of The Silence, taking action and speaking up against violence in their schools.
- But to defeat The Silence, and to keep children and teens safe in school, we need more superheroes and we need them now.
- Join forces with UNICEF’s campaign to end violence and create a superhero who is keeping schools safe.
Worth of Award (UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest)
- The global winner will work with an artist and vendor to bring his/her superhero/heroine and their story to life.
- The comic will be launched between 8-19 July 2019 online and at the United Nations High Level Political Forum where Education and Peace goals are under review. The winner will be asked to participate in the global launch activations which may require traveling.
- The winning comic, along with finalists’ submissions may be showcased on UNICEF’s social media channels, as well as at major global events like ComicCon, the United Nations High Level Political Forum, and the United Nations General Assembly at UNICEF’s own discretion.
- From the opening of this contest on October 5, UNICEF will feature submitted entries and finalists’ work at its own discretion. Names of individuals may or may not be included with the featured superhero/heroines when published on the UNICEF websites, social media or in any other medium, digital and printed, at UNICEF’s discretion.
UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest Eligibility
- All young people up to 25 years old, from all countries, are eligible. Proof of age may be required to demonstrate eligibility.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must discuss your interest in taking part with your parents or guardians BEFORE applying. In the application, you will be asked to provide a contact detail of your parents/guardians. Only applicants below the age of 18, whose parents/guardians have given consent, will be considered as potential finalists.
How to Apply for the UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest
- Enter our submission call through our online application from October 5 – November 4, 2018, 23:59 EST.
- Make sure your submission includes your superhero name, their superpower to make schools safe, one of their school-saving adventures (a simple storyline of maximum 1600 characters) and attach a doodle/drawing/sketch of what they look like via our online form. Only one application per participant is allowed.
- Your submission MUST include an attached graphic for us to consider it- but don’t worry, we love stick figures.
- Your submission must be your own and you must own the copyright of the graphic representation, storyline and concept.
- Only superhero submitted during the call dates will be considered by our selection panel.
UNICEF creative editors and a member of the publishing partner Comics Uniting Nations will select up to 25 entries submitted via the entry form available on there website. Selection of top comic superheroes will be based on creativity, originality and strength of concept. Finalists will be contacted in advance to the global vote to confirm their participation and to provide proof of age and identity.
UNICEF School Superhero Comic Contest Deadline: applications close 4 November 2018 at 23:59 (EST).
- They will announce selected finalists and open the global voting gallery from 23-30 November.
- The winner will be announced in January and their comic will be launched worldwide in July 2019.