UAS Safety/Security System PhD Studentship
UAS Safety/Security System PhD Studentship: Cranfield University at Shrivenham in UK invites applications for a PhD Studentship in UAS Safety and Security System open to EU and international students for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The UAV Safety and Security System project is to develop a remote pilot ground station to operate UAS safely and securely and to support and deliver to GAUSS Research Project in collaboration with other partners, lead partner being Everis.
Research students at Cranfield benefit from being part of a dynamic, focused and professional study environment and all become valued members of the Cranfield Doctoral Network. This Network brings together both research students and staff, providing a platform for our researchers to share ideas, identify opportunities for collaboration and create smaller communities of practice. It aims to encourage an effective and vibrant research culture, founded upon the diversity of activities and knowledge. A tailored programme of seminars and events alongside our Doctoral Researchers Core Development programme (transferable skills training), provide those studying a research degree with a wealth of social and networking opportunities.
Worth of Award (UAS Safety/Security System PhD Studentship)
- This studentship will provide a bursary of up to £24,000 p.a. for three years, which will cover both the tuition fee including Additional Fee Element (AFE) at the UK level for UK/EU candidate and the maintenance bursary.
- The current PhD tuition fee is £18,500 p.a. for overseas student
UAS Safety/Security System PhD Studentship Eligibility
- EU, Rest of World, UK
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor Degree of First Class or a Master Degree (2:1) in Aerospace/ Electrical/Computer Engineering and have good programming skills in C/C++ in Linux environment. Experience in UAV control system designs, multisensor navigation, and detect and avoid are an asset.
- The PhD candidate is required to start in Dec 2018 or Feb. 2019
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
How to Apply for the UAS Safety/Security System PhD Studentship
- Please contact Dr Jia if you would like further information.
- Applicants should send their CVs and Transcripts to Dr Huamin Jia, and formally submit an online application form online application form.
Dr Huamin Jia
Senior Lecturer in Avionics Engineering
Centre for Aeronautics
School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing
Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL
T: 01234 750111, Ext. No. 5115
Deadline: applications Close 11 Dec 2018.