In a sovereign state like India, there are still taboos and many unethical practices. The result of these do pop up in the form of female students dropping out from schools, colleges, universities and famous institutions. Single girl child scholarship 2019 concentrated on promising a bright and better future for the candidates and offering good roles in the larger society to them.
It is known that girl students are not getting the proper focus like boys in various states of the country. This does not only hinder the country’s growth, it also comes as a stagnant point in the smooth functioning of the education of the nation. Furthermore, the proper growth of educational system needs to be strengthened and centered mostly on the constant growth of girls and making them more aware of different fields and promising areas for career growth.
Efforts To Support The Girl Child
The central government of India has taken numerous steps to facilitate the educational benefits of the girls in the country. The union government of India has undertaken many steps to uplift the status of women by inaugurating many schemes which free education for girls is one of them.UGC has introduced a post Graduate Indira Gandhi funding for single Girl Child with the aim of compensating the cost of girl education in all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2019
The University Grants Commission is inviting qualified applicants for the Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2019 from girl students who happen to be the only girl child in their family. The girl child should be up to 30 years.
The scholarship helps to promote girl education and compensate for the direct costs of girl education in all levels.
To be qualified for this scholarship, the candidate must:
- Be a girl child student of up to 30 years.
- Be the only girl child in the nuclear family.
- Have secured admission in regular, full time 1st-year Masters degree programme in any designated university or a post graduate college.
Twin girls who are students having no brother are also eligible. your can find out more information about the Indira Ghandi single scholarships
Total of 3000 candidates will be awarded the scholarship across the country. The scholarship beneficiary is given INR 36,200 per annum. The money will be given for a period of 2 years or the full duration of the post graduate course.
The following document should be submitted by the single girl child:
- The scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card.
- The photograph of the student.
- Self-attested copy of previous academic performance or mark.
- Current course year fees receipt.
- Affidavit regarding being single girl child as prescribed.
- Visit the homepage of the national Scholarship Portal.
- Read the instruction carefully.
- Choose the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type, gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile phone number and email address.
- Write the bank details
- Choose Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the “Register” button.
- An OTP will be sent to verify the mobile number provided.
- Login using the OTP and fill the form.
- Application ID and password will be generated which is for future reference.
The candidate is advised to fill the form correctly. No changes can be made immediately the form is submitted. The candidates are also advised to fill only one application because filling multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form
31st January, 2020
Last date for defective verification: 14th February, 2020
Last date for Institute verification: 14 February, 2020
Single girl child scholarship 2019 is a scholarship opportunity meant for single girl child. A single girl child is a girl who happens to be the only girl child in a nuclear family setting. Single girl child can get this scholarship at all level provided she is at least 30 years.