Santa Barbara City College Classes – sbcc
Santa Barbara City College is a public community college located in Santa Barbara California. It was established in 1909 and offers various associate degree and certificate programs, it also provides transfer programs that gear students towards a 4-yeal bachelor’s degree in other higher institutions.
Some popular programs in the school includes the school media of arts that was established in 2001 with a focus on applied communications and digital media, film production, multimedia arts, etc. The music dept includes jazz performance, vocal ensembles and symphony orchestra. Its automotive program has been certified by Nations Institute for Automotive Science, this program focuses on engine performance, heating and air condition, electrical systems, etc.
A mile stone was recorded when the Marine Technology Program was accredited by the Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE) and the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) being the only community college in the US to receive such accreditation.
Some notable alumnus of this great institution is Katy Perry- a singer and songwriter, David Crosby- American folk-rock musician, eon- American actor, and a host of others. With a core vison to build a socially conscious community and empower individuals: one thing is for certain; the college is community-based. Some of the core principles of the college includes providing a psychological and physical friendly environment, student centered policies and the pursuit of excellence in all college endeavors
Santa Barbara Business College
Santa Barbara Business College (SBBC) is a private, for-profit college with multiple locations in California and an online campus. It was founded in 1888 as a co-ed finishing college in Santa Barbara. The business college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas, associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees and master’s degrees. The vocational nursing program is at SBBCollege accredited by the State of California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
Some Programs offered includes, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Technology, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing and Coding, Vocational Nursing, and Medical Office Administration, Paralegal Studies and so on
Santa Barbara Business College is focused on being a high-quality medical school and committed to providing relevant, quality educational programs that meet the needs of the communities.
Santa Barbara College of law
Santa Barbara College of law is Located in the heart of downtown. The law college offers Juris Doctor (J.D.), Master of Legal Studies (M.L.S.) and Hybrid Juris Doctor.
These programs prepare graduates to sit for the California Bar Exam through a collaborative learning environment that emphasizes discussion and debate. Students develop the skills needed to effectively advocate for a diverse range of clients and serving the community by making law more accessible to the public.
Santa Barbara City College Nursing
SBCC’s School of Nursing offers programs that rank among the top in the nation.The Registered Nursing program is approved and accredited by California State Board of Registered Nursing (B.R.N.) and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
This program prepares students to function as licensed vocational nurses, who give care to patients in hospitals, homes, clinics and extended care centers. Graduates receive the Santa Barbara City College Certificate of Completion and are eligible to apply to take the examination for licensure to practice as a licensed vocational nurse.
Why Santa Barbara City College?
- The myth surrounding community college as repository for students with low GPA’s has been disregarded. Statistics have shown that community colleges are great option for middle class families due to its low tuition cost. In addition, community college are great options for students who wish to learn basic skills with a short period of time to join the workforce. If you’re within California environs, you might want to take a look at Santa Barbara College. Santa Barbara City College was a recent recipient of the Aspen prize for college excellence.
- Affordability; with a tuition of $1,288, Santa Barbara city college is the perfect solution to low income earning families.
- High graduation and transfer rate; with a graduation and transfer rate of 53%, students with plan of transferring to a 4-year higher institution are well assured of that possibility. Santa Barbara City College understands that most of its students see the college as a launching ground to other universities so it provides workshop for its various programs with an aim to help its students achieve their aspirations.
- Provisions for disabled students.
- Provision of Scholarship and Financial aids; scholarships are given to transferring and newly incoming students based on financial need, academic achievement, and community involvement to its citizens.
- Provision of veteran supports.
Santa Barbara City College Classes
Some online courses can be taken to help you reach your goals. It should be noted that some of the online courses are available to high school students. The following steps should be taken for online classes by high school students.
- Meet with your high school counselor to recommend courses that tailors your interest and needs
- Apply for admission at Santa Barbara City College as dual enrollment student. apply here
- Go the online student portal at auth.sbcc.edu to find your account by putting in the last 4 digits of your security number at the “find account” prompt.
- Have your parents complete the online parent consent form on sbcc.edu
- All students including 8th graders must get the approval of the high school counselor and submit the approval form.
How to apply (for International students);
- All international applicants must have a 2.00GPA or its equivalent
- English proficiency requirement for admission to the academic program. Test scores of TOEFL/IELTS are not required but might serve as an exception to take ESL courses in Santa Barbara City College.
- Transfer students from other school must have an 80% attendance rate
Documents required for admission into Santa Barbara City College for international students:
- $75 Application fee receipt
- Financial statement form must be filled online
- Official bank letter must meet the following requirements;
- to make sure that the bank letter is genuine with no intention to deceive.
- meet minimum amount required by the college which is $25,974
- issued within the past 6 months or less
- Include the name of the account holder and account balance
- Must be liquid funds wither in a savings or checking account
- Have an official bank signature or stamp of the bank
- A copy of your passport
High school/ college transcripts must meet the following requirements:
- Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school, English language programs, and university or college. Transcripts should be translated into English by an official translator and/or translating agency.
- Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
- Official transcripts are required for athletic eligibility, and may be submitted at a later date.
- If you are under 18 years old at the time of your program start date, you will need to submit a high school diploma.
A high school diploma is not required for students who are 18 years old or older.
- Emergency contact and responsibility form must be filled accurately.
Note that all applications are made online via the official sbcc website
- Fall Semester
- June 15 for new students
- July 1 for transfer/current F-1 students in the US
- Spring Semester
- November 1 for new students
- November 15 for transfer/current F-1 students in the US
Frequently asked questions about sbcc
How to send Santa Barbara City College scores
Students who have completed Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations of the College Entrance Examination Board with scores of 3, 4, or 5 may receive credit at Santa Barbara City College for each advanced placement course as listed and published in the Advanced Placement Chart. Contact an academic counselor for more information on how your AP scores may be applied toward your academic goals at SBCC. Contact an academic counselor on http://www.sbcc.edu/counselingcenter/index.php
How to find out my GPA from Santa Barbara City Business College
Exams and records are usually in charge of GPA records. Students can request for transcript by sending an email to email@example.com
Where to find paper class schedule for Santa Barbara City College
The SUMMER I 2020 classes start between May 18 – June 27
The SUMMER II 2020 classes start between June 29 – August 8
The FALL 2020 classes start between August 24 – December 12