Quebec Government International Internship Program
Quebec Government International Internship Program: The international internship is intended for Master’s or doctoral research students who meet the requirements of their programme to be enrolled full-time in a Quebec university
The FRQNT’s (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies) international internship aims to foster international mobility of students whose research activities are part of the scientific program of a strategic cluster funded by the FRQNT.
The internship is a supplementary tool available to a strategic cluster to strengthen its position at the international level through research projects and partnerships that have already been established or which are under development.
The proposed research outlined in the application as part of the internship must be part of the scientific program of the strategic cluster.
The scholarship for internship is of a maximum value of $15,000. However, the FRQNT will allow no more than the equivalent of $2,500/month in living expenses and will permit internship expenses (ex.: airfare, room rental agreement, etc.) to be covered by the strategic cluster.
- Course Level: Research, Internship
- Application Deadline: 1st March, 2020 4 PM
- The internship must start no later than March 31, 2020
- Eligible Countries: All
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
- Duration of Internship: The internship must be of a minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months.
- To be taken at (country): Quebec, Canada
Quebec Government International Internship Program Eligibility:
The international internship is intended for Master’s or doctoral students enrolled full-time in a Quebec university or in an university outside Québec who meets the requirements of their program.
- The applicant proposed by the strategic cluster must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed here after.
- The applicant must have the valid study permits or visa for the entire duration of the internship;
- The applicant can’t be enrolled in a co-degree from more than one institution including a Québec university. For the students enrolled in a co-degree see the rules of the Frontenac program.
Students who are jointly supervised by a researcher in a foreign university (co-degree) are not eligible to apply for an international internship scholarship to visit one of their home universities
The internship must take place outside Quebec for students enrolled in a Quebec university. The internship must occur in Quebec for students from abroad.
- The academic excellence and research aptitude of the candidate: 50 points
- The correspondence of the internship with the scientific program of the cluster’s: 25 points
- The insertion of the internship in international action of the strategic cluster: 25 points
How to Apply for the Quebec Government International Internship Program:
- Candidates interested within this program must file their application within their strategic cluster (see list on FRQNT’s Web Site) Validate the list of documents required for this application with the specific strategic cluster.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.