PhD Positions in Organic Materials & London Dispersion
PhD Positions in Organic Materials & London Dispersion: Macquarie University and Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen are inviting two outstanding and ambitious candidates to undertake research in the field of organic materials and London interactions.
The educational program is open for eligible students who are going to apply for the PhD degree program at the university for the session 2020/21.
Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University of Giessen is among the oldest institutions of higher education in the German-speaking world. It offers various undergraduate, masters and other research-level programs at the university.
Why should apply for the position? By taking part at the university, the student will learn new synthetic techniques, computational techniques, optical and vibrational spectroscopy.
Funding for the programme will cover tuition fees and an annual stipend. You will spend 18 months at each institution and will receive a dual PhD at the end of the three-year programme.
- Course Level: PhD
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
- University: Macquarie University and Justus-Liebig-Universität Giessen
- Department: NA
- Award: Tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Two
- The award can be taken in Germany
PhD Positions in Organic Materials & London Dispersion Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality please contact Prof Alison Rodger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to undertake research in the field of organic materials and London interactions.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree and a first-class or equivalent grade in Chemistry are generally required.
- Candidates should have solid knowledge and practical experience in organic/organometallic chemistry and be well versed with techniques such as working under an inert atmosphere, NMR, UV-Vis absorbance, IR, MS etc.
- How to Apply for the PhD Positions in Organic Materials & London Dispersion: In order to apply for the award, applicants need to take part in a PhD degree at the university. After being enrolled, candidates should send pre-applications by to any one of the below email addresses before completing an institutional application.
- Prof Peter R. Schreiner (PRS@uni-giessen.de)
- A/Prof Koushik Venkatesan (email@example.com)
- Prof Alison Rodger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must upload a CV, Transcript of MSc/BSc studies in English, Motivation Letter, contact details of two referees.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should be highly motivated, have a good command of English (oral and written), and be rigorous and eager to learn. Applicants are recommended to provide results of the IELTS, TOEFL and/or GRE tests, or another measure (s) of English proficiency.