Onassis Fellowships Program 2018/2019: The Foundation announces the twenty-third (24th) annual Fellowships Program for International Scholars starting on October 1st, 2018, addressed to non-Greek nationals, University Professors of all levels, Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. Candidates.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International (Non-Greek citizens)
To be taken at (country): Greece
Field of Study: The Program covers courses in the following academic fields:
- Social Sciences
The consideration of an eventual interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary approach/dimension for the proposed research would be highly appreciated.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Type: Post-doctoral Scholarship/Fellowship
Eligibility: The Program covers scholarly research in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
1. Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
- Persons of non-Greek descent
- all applicants should have already completed their Ph.D.
- Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for Category D and E fellowship only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
- Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a fellowship or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
- Category D and E also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
- The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (Category C – please see below), have conducted their high school studies and have obtained a degree outside Greece and permanently reside outside Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
2. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a fellowship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous fellowship scholarship.
3. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a fellowship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Program for International Scholars.
4. No extension of the duration of the fellowship beyond the period mentioned in this announcement for each category will be permitted.
5. It is not possible to postpone or defer the fellowship to a later academic year
Number of Awardees: up to ten 
Value of Scholarship:
1. Coverage of the travel expenses for a round trip air-ticket from and to the country and place where the fellowship recipient permanently resides, for the grantee only, for the beginning of the scholarship and upon definite departure from Greece that amount a) up to Three Hundred Euros (€300.-) for a European country or b) up to One Thousand Euros (€1,000.-) for a transatlantic trip or travel to and from countries of Asia and Africa. Fellowship recipients will be solely responsible for the purchase of their tickets
2. A monthly allowance of One Thousand Five Hundred Euros (€ 1,500.-) for subsistence, accommodation and all other expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: up to Three  months during the academic year October 2018 – September 2019
How to Apply: Online at the Foundation’s website: www.onassis.org > Scholarships > Scholarships for Foreigners > Category C, D or E > Online Application
Candidates are invited to carefully read the Announcement before completing their application. The online submission of the application does not imply that the said application is accepted for further evaluation. Candidatures that do not meet even one of the conditions of the current Announcement are automatically withdrawn from the evaluation process. By submitting an application for an Onassis scholarship, candidates state clearly and unequivocally that they unconditionally accept all the terms of the Announcement and the relevant application.
Candidates are required to submit all of the requested documents within the specified deadlines listed in this Announcement
At the same time, the candidate collects all of the required supporting documents and sends them by registered mail until 28/02/2018 (date on postmark) to the following address:
S.A. Representing the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation in Greece
Onassis International Fellowships Program
Aeschinou Street 105 58 Plaka, Athens
[Verification code for the submission of the online application]
The required supporting documents can also be submitted by the candidate in person or via a representative at the above mentioned address.
Award Provider: Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation