Niger Delta Development Commission Foreign Scholarship
- Organization: Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
- Application Deadline Not Specified
- Required Experience Bachelor’s Degree/HND
Niger Delta Development Commission Foreign Scholarship Details
NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION (NDDC) 2018 FOREIGN POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
Niger Delta Development Commission Foreign Scholarship: The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, the NDDC is embarking on Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local content programme of the current Administration as well as compete globally in various professional fields. The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
1. Agricultural Sciences
3. Environmental Sciences
5. Information Technology
7. Management Sciences
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Niger Delta Development Commission Foreign Scholarship Requirements
- 1. First degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.2. Niger Delta Development Commission Foreign Scholarship Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.3. Niger Delta Development Commission Foreign Scholarship Applicants who have already enrolled in Overseas’ Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA
- First Class Traditional Ruler
- High Court Judge
5 Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
6 Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng). With the following attachments.
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Post Graduate Admission Letter from a recognised Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.2. Successfully completed application forms will be assigned registration numbers automatically.3. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
4. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng).
All completed applications must be summited 21 days from the date of publication.
- THE COMMISSION WILL NOT ENTER INTO ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATION WITH CANDIDATES WHO WERE NOT SHORTLISTED FOR THE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) OR THOSE WHO WERE NOT INVITED FOR ORAL INTERVIEW OR CANDIDATES THAT WERE NOT SUCCESSFUL AT THE ORAL INTERVIEWS.
- PREFERENCE WOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES FROM OIL PRODUCING/BEARING COMMUNITIES/LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS AS LONG AS CANDIDATES MEET THE APPROVED CUT OFF MARK.
- THE COMMISSION WILL ENSURE A FAIR SPREAD OF COURSES AMONG BENEFICIARIES WITHIN EACH STATE.
- DEFERMENT, CHANGE OF INSTITUTION AND COURSE ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- THE COMMISSION RESERVES THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION TO SELECT APPLICANTS IN LINE WITH THE ABOVE STATED CRITERIA AND ITS INTERNAL CONSIDERATION. THE DECISION OF THE COMMISSION IN THIS REGARD IS FINAL.