MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: MasterCard Foundation
Country to Study in: USA
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program Description
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program seeks to ensure all children have access to quality, relevant, and inclusive education. The U.N. recognized the Scholars Program as an innovative model for educating young people and encouraging citizenship.
As part of the Scholars Program, Wellesley College USA will provide nine (9) African women with comprehensive support that includes scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities.
This Program, in tandem with its carefully selected partners, will help promising young people build experiences, values, and competencies critical to success in the economy, such as critical thinking, problem solving, and working across diverse groups. The students will arrive in groups of three students each year beginning Fall 2013.
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program Eligibility
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Women from all over the world come to Wellesley in pursuit of an outstanding university-level education.
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program Eligible groups
Citizens of developing countries – particularly Africa.
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program Participating Institutions
Wellesley College, Wellesley, Boston, Massachusetts. United States
Fields of study
All courses of study offered at the College are eligible
Number of awards
Total of nine (9) with groups of three (3) given each year
This is a FULL award covering the whole duration of the program
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program benefits
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Wellesley, a women’s college, goes beyond traditional scholarships. The holistic, four-year support includes:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
MasterCard Foundation Wellesley Scholarship Program Method of Application
All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship. You do not need to complete additional forms or take additional steps at this time. The three “must have” items that admission staff need from all first-year applicants:
- Take Standardized Tests and Submit Scores. All applicants are required to take the SAT Reasoning and two Subject Tests or the ACT with Writing. Wellesley also strongly recommend that students for whom English is a second language and who have been studying in an English-based curriculum for less than five years take the TOEFL.
- Complete and Submit the Common Application for Wellesley College (including the Wellesley-specific writing supplement).
- Submit Required Credentials. The deadlines for submitting credentials vary, depending upon the decision plan you choose.
It is important to visit the official site (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply and supporting documents required of you in order for Wellesley to consider your application.
Applications usually start around September/November and closes around January/February. International citizens applying for financial aid may apply under any of Wellesley’s four decision plans: Early Decision Round I (Deadline November 1); Early Decision Round II (Deadline January 1); Regular Decision with Early Evaluation Option (Deadline December 15) or Regular Admission (Deadline January 15); Accelerated Admission – juniors only (Deadline January 15)
Even if you are not awarded this scholarship, Wellesley is committed to meeting 100% of demonstrated need for all admitted international citizens who have applied for financial aid during the admission process. Its purpose is to support highly qualified candidates who could not otherwise attend Wellesley.
The MasterCard Foundation advances microfinance and youth learning to promote financial inclusion and prosperity. MasterCard Foundation is an independent, private foundation based in Toronto, Canada, established through the generosity of MasterCard Worldwide at the time of the company’s initial public offering in 2006.
Since 1875, Wellesley College has been a leader in providing excellent liberal arts education for women who will make a difference in the world. Wellesley College was one of ten higher education institutions to partner with The MasterCard Foundation as it launched its $500 million education initiative to provide talented, economically-disadvantaged students from developing countries – particularly from Africa – with comprehensive support for quality and relevant secondary and university education.
Application Deadline: 1 Nov / 15 Dec 2018 || 1 / 15 Jan 2019
Open to International Applicants: Yes (MAINLY Africans)