MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program for Undergraduate and Masters Scholarships for students pursuing B.Sc degree in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences 2017/2018
- For Undergraduates (Spring 2018): 1st December, 2017
- For Graduate Students: 2nd April, 2018
Offered Annually: Yes
About the Award: American University of Beirut (AUB) and The MasterCard Foundation have partnered to provide scholarships to students at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS). This $9 million scholarship program will enable young adults who are sensitive to their communities’ concerns and proactive in their environment to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences at AUB. In addition to full scholarships and living expenses, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at AUB will benefit from intensive preparatory courses, mentoring, career counselling, and internships at institutions and organizations relevant to their field of study. A give-back component is incorporated into the program, which allows students to contribute to their communities through several volunteer projects and activities.
- Eligible candidates are those who are academically promising, financially disadvantaged, and have leadership skills and a desire to give back and go back to their communities after their degree.
- Graduate scholarships are open tonationals of Sub-Saharan Africa, nationals of Lebanon and refugee and displaced living in Lebanon
- Undergraduate scholarships are open tonationals of Lebanon or refugee and displaced living in Lebanon
Program Benefits: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be offered:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
How to Apply: Interested candidates must fill out the required application form and present it with the documents listed below in person to the AUB Office of Admissions.
Download Application Form
Award Provider: MasterCard Foundation
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE