MasterCard African Foundation Scholarship
MasterCard African Foundation Scholarship: McGill University and the Mastercard Foundation offers full scholarships to economically challenged, academically gifted Master’s students from Sub-Saharan Africa through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for 2019/2020.
This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
Worth of Award (MasterCard African Foundation Scholarship)
- Fully funded.
- In addition to financial support, Scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
MasterCard African Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, OR ; Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member ( Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – 2019 Nomination Form.pdf);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries below);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
How to Apply for the MasterCard African Foundation Scholarship
- Student requests nomination from the department. Include transcript, cv, and short statement in an email.
- If nominated, the student creates an account in uApply and provides a uApply username to the GPD/GPC (to include on Nomination Form).
- Nominator sends the form by email to email@example.com
- The MCFSP Admissions Office issues a fee waiver in uApply with the student’s username. The student and the department are informed that the waiver has been processed.
- Student completes and submits an application in uApply.
- Student uploads the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form, sponsor
letter and bank statement to uApply checklist.
- Student asks the Referee to send the MCFSP Admissions Office the Recommendation
- Department admits or refuses student.
- If the student is admitted: MCFSP application is pre-screened; if refused: the student is no
longer in the running for the scholarship.
- Applications selected in pre-screening are sent to the Selection Committee for review.
- Students will receive a final decision by email.
MasterCard African Foundation Scholarship Deadline: applications Close open