Learn Africa Scholarships for African Women
Women for Africa Foundation opens applications for Learn Africa Scholarships for African Women undergraduate and graduate students for scholarships at Spanish and Portuguese Universities
About the Award: After the success of previous programs, Women for Africa Foundation launches the third public edition of the scholarship program for African women students universities Learn Africa, thanks to which a hundred students have already enjoyed studies in Spanish universities.
This program, promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African women undergraduate and graduate students through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in this initiative. Thanks to these scholarships, the selected students can complement their university education in our country, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The scholarships are funded mostly by the universities participating in the program – all of them, members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE) – and cover round trips, tuition and fees, accommodation and food, and medical insurance
Value of Award:
The scholarship includes one return ticket to-from the student’s country of origin, university fees, health insurance, accommodation and food.
Cost coverage for other extra expenses, such as the cost of opening a bank account, transport in the city and pocket money, is not guaranteed.
Responsibilities: Once the scholarship has been completed, they are committed to returning to their place of residence and to providing a report on their personal and academic experience – on the basis provided by the Women for Africa Foundation – so that an evaluation of the outcomes can be carried out and, if necessary, make changes in the scholarship program as appropriate. Likewise, The Foundation and the Spanish universities of destination may make full or partial use, on their website or in some of their publications, regarding the content of the report prepared by the scholarship holders after their stay in Spain. In this case, the Women for Africa Foundation may mention the author (s) of said content.
Learn Africa Scholarships for African Women Description
Application Deadline: 7th April 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Spain
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Program:
The scholarships included in this call have a variable duration depending on the modality agreed with each of the host universities and the training program offered, comprising of periods ranging from short stays, as is the case of some research projects, or to four years for those aiming to Master and Doctorate.
The majority of the scholarships that are offered in this program are for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Eligibility for the Learn Africa Scholarships for African Women:
In general, any person who meets the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate
- Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
How to Apply for the Learn Africa Scholarships for African Women:
To apply you will need the following documents:
- Passport or Identity Card
- University diploma or certificate
- Academic records
- Personal motivation letter
- Reference letters
- Language Level Required
- Research Project (necessary only in the case of doctoral student scholarships)
- For scholarships where Spanish is the main language, a high command of the language is required. This high level of Spanish is to be proven by submitting an internationally recognised certificate or through a phone conversation.
- The student must be aware that she is expected to submit a copy of her university degree duly attested by her country’s ministry.
- The student must remember that certain administrative procedures require payment at her country of origin (visa, certificate/records ratification and translation, etc.)
The selection process will be coordinated by the Women for Africa Foundation and will take place between April 8th and the 30th, according to the following criteria:
CV (academic record, previous education, languages spoken, professional experience)
Personal motivation letter
Research Project (necessary only in the case of doctoral student scholarships)
The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities, the results of the selection process will be available at the end of June on the Foundation’s website and will be personally communicated to each of the selected applicants.