King Baudouin African Development Prize: The King Baudouin African Development Prize (awarded every other year) aims to reward individuals or organisations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa. The Prize pays particular attention to initiatives which stand out as the best in their fieldm significantly improve the quality of life of the populations they serve, and empower local communities to take development into their own hands.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2018
Offered Annually? Every 2 years
Eligible Countries: African countries
- The submission of a candidate’s file may only be undertaken by a nominator. The selection committee will not consider applications by individuals who are applying for the Prize themselves or for an organization within which they are active.
- The Prize will be awarded to Africans or organisations which are founded or led by Africans.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
- Does the candidate have concrete realizations under his belt?
- Are they innovative and exemplary?
- Are they capable of being duplicated elsewhere on the continent?
- Is there a long-term vision?
- Is the financial management healthy and transparent?
- Are the initiatives embedded at local level ?
- Do they take into account the gender perspective?
- Are the initiatives directed at all actors of society (inclusiveness)?
Value of Award: € 200.000
How to Apply:
- How to submit an application form online? View video
- If you are not very familiar with computers: 02-500 4 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award Providers: King Baudouin African Development Prize