JOB ALERTS: Electro- Mechanical Technician
- Location(s): • Lagos, South West — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Engineering/ Technical
- Industry: • Logistics / Transportation • Ecommerce / Retail / Wholesales
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
- Job Type Fulltime
Fareast Mercantile Company Limited is recruiting for fulltime Electro- Mechanical Technician.
JOB ALERTS: Electro- Mechanical Technician Details
The Chanrai Family put down roots in Nigeria in 1890 with trading at the centre of all commercial activity. Today, Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited our flagship company in West Africa has dedicated its resources to supply chain management through the import and distribution of products covering branded food, fmcg, appliances and tires for the best multi-nationals in the world. A product portfolio spanning 1500 SKUs is managed with a capable professional team, robust infrastructure and strong delivery systems to ensure availability of products covering 93% of the throughput of the country. Other subsidiaries in the group focus on pharmaceutical distribution with a dedicated resource for institutional business in the area of health. Diversification into assembly of air conditioners in June 2003 was the first step towards backward integration with a view to import substitution, self reliance and creation of employment…bearing in mind the Government’s plan to put Nigeria on the road to industrialization.
Purpose of the Position: This role is responsible for the overall machines and utilities maintenance within the Nigeria Packing Line Operation, from establishing the operation in the first instance to its’ ongoing management and development.
Accountabilities: To assure all machineries, equipment and civil installation are well maintained:
- Responsible for all maintenance of all packing lines (tin can/sachet/soft pouch); powder dumping station; conveying system
- · Responsible for maintenance of all utilities including: electricity supply; air compressor; AIR Handling Unit (AHU vertical /horizontal type, chilled water type and refrigerant type).
- To prepare SOP of all filling and packing equipment.
- To prepare Preventive Maintenance plan.
- To control down time of the core equipment.
- To control spare part stock.
- To keep good relationship with machinery suppliers
- To provide assistance on time to all machines operators.
- To test all safety equipment on a regular basis.
- ·To set up Maintenance KPI’s
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieving a high standard regarding machine OEE and machine down time.
- Achieving a high standard regarding machines maintenance.
- Providing Technical support to machines operators.
- Maintaining outstanding relationships with machines suppliers.
- Support and contribute to an effective and successful team
- ·Support in electrical safety and coordinate loto
JOB ALERTS: Electro- Mechanical Technicianob Requirements
Min Required Experience:
FOR MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES CLICK HERE
Core Selection Criteria:
Experience / Attainments
- Previously held Machine/ Equipment Maintenance role as leader/supervisor/maintenance assistance manager.
- Experience of implementing Maintenance tools such as: Preventive/ Predictive and Corrective.
Skills / Knowledge
- Good interpersonal skill and team work
- Proactive, dynamic, hands on and results orientated
- Strong analytical, logical thinking and problem solving skill
- Excellent influencing and communication skills.
JOB ALERTS: Electro- Mechanical Technician Qualifications
- Graduate mechanic/ electronic / electrical technician