International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
The award program is available to students from all over the world who wish to study a postdoctoral research at the University of Melbourne Parkville campus. The project is to carry out forefront experimental research on ultracold atomic physics.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement. It offer a range of undergraduate, honours, graduate and research degrees; enrolling over 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students.
Why at the University of Melbourne? While studying at this university, students will get world class education and career opportunities in a safe, welcoming environment. They get many chances to relax and enjoy themselves away from academics.
The studentship will provide the salary for level A: $72,083- $97,812 p.a. (PhD entry level – $91,125 p.a.) and level B: $102,967- $122,268 p.a.
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Application Deadline: April 26, 2020
- University: University of Melbourne
- Department: School of Physics
- Award: $102,967 – $122,268
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic & International applicants
- The award can be taken in Australia
International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Experimental Atomic Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A PhD (or close to completion of a PhD) in a relevant area of atomic, molecular and optical physics, with tunable laser experience.
- A demonstrated aptitude for research, with a sound publication record in relevant areas, commensurate with experience and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills to meet deadlines and bring projects to a timely completion.
- Excellent processing and analysis of experimental image data skills.
- Demonstrated achievement in research supervision.
- High level of computer literacy and experience.
- Experience with laboratory data acquisition hardware; in particular, the ability to create control interfaces with Python and Labview.
- How to Apply for the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: In order to apply for this opportunity, online applications are preferred. Go to , under ‘Job Search and Job Alerts’, select the relevant option (‘Current Staff’ or ‘Prospective Staff’), then find the position by title or number.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit copies of academic transcripts, degree certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) in support of their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of this university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.