The School of Physics is offering you the chance to expand your career in Experimental Atomic Physics through an International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Australia.
The award program is available to students from all over the world who wish to study a postdoctoral research at the University of Melbourne Parkville campus. The project is to carry out forefront experimental research on ultracold atomic physics.
Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning, and teaching and engagement. It offer a range of undergraduate, honours, graduate and research degrees; enrolling over 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students.
Why at the University of Melbourne? While studying at this university, students will get world class education and career opportunities in a safe, welcoming environment. They get many chances to relax and enjoy themselves away from academics.
The studentship will provide the salary for level A: $72,083- $97,812 p.a. (PhD entry level – $91,125 p.a.) and level B: $102,967- $122,268 p.a.
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Application Deadline: April 26, 2020
- University: University of Melbourne
- Department: School of Physics
- Award: $102,967 – $122,268
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic & International applicants
- The award can be taken in Australia
International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Experimental Atomic Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A PhD (or close to completion of a PhD) in a relevant area of atomic, molecular and optical physics, with tunable laser experience.
- A demonstrated aptitude for research, with a sound publication record in relevant areas, commensurate with experience and opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and both written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills to meet deadlines and bring projects to a timely completion.
- Excellent processing and analysis of experimental image data skills.
- Demonstrated achievement in research supervision.
- High level of computer literacy and experience.
- Experience with laboratory data acquisition hardware; in particular, the ability to create control interfaces with Python and Labview.
- How to Apply for the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: In order to apply for this opportunity, online applications are preferred. Go to , under ‘Job Search and Job Alerts’, select the relevant option (‘Current Staff’ or ‘Prospective Staff’), then find the position by title or number.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit copies of academic transcripts, degree certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) in support of their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of this university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.