Lynn University is a private institution named after Lynn’s Family (Christine E. and Eugene M. Lynn). The institution was founded in 1963, situated on the Southeastern Coast of Florida in Boca Raton. The university awards associate, Baccalaureate, Masters and doctoral degrees through its 6 colleges, namely, Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Burton D. Morgan College of Aeronautics, College of Business and Management, Donald E. and Helen L. Ross College of Education, Christine E. and Eugene M. Lynn College of Communication and Design and Lynn University Conservatory of Music – the Lynn University Conservatory of Music was founded in 1992 and became part of the university in 1999. The conservatory presents more than 50 performances every year. The International Lynn University Conservatory of Music is open to undergraduate, graduate, day, freshman and sophomore students in the the Lynn University Conservatory of Music.
Why Lynn University
- Highly modernize teaching. For instance, the university launched the iPad initiative in 2013. This initiative provided all students with iPads which replaces the traditional textbooks.
- Lynn offers more than 45 undergraduate and 14 graduate degrees. Inside Higher Education recognized the university as an institution with an increased rigour of academics
- With over 40 student organization and clubs on campus, students are assured of finding activities that spark their interest.
- The university provides several scholarships for outstanding music students.
- With the implementation of the Lynn 3.0 program, students can take advance classes and graduate in 3 years instead of the standard 4
- The university has a rich, diverse setting, international students make up around a quarter of the university population, and the university has been consistently recognized as the southern institution with the highest proportion of international students.
Acceptance Rate at International Lynn University Conservatory of Music
Lynn University has a 70% acceptance rate for the 2021-2022 admissions session. This indicates that for every 100 applicants, 70 were admitted, making Lynn’s admissions procedure moderately difficult.
|Admissions Statistics (2021-22)|
|Number of Applicants||7,577|
|Percent Admitted Who Enrolled (Yield)||12%|
SAT, ACT and GPA Requirements at International Lynn University Conservatory of Music
Lynn University has a policy of test-optional standardized testing. Lynn applicants may submit SAT or ACT results, but they are not necessary. SAT scores were provided by 24% of accepted students during the 2017-18 admissions cycle.
According to this admissions statistics, the majority of Lynn University’s accepted students scored in the lowest 29% nationwide on the SAT during the 2017-18 admissions cycle. 50% of students accepted to Lynn University scored between 500 and 590 on the evidence-based reading and writing section, while 25% scored below 500 and 25% scored over 590. 50% of accepted students scored between 490 and 580 on the arithmetic part, while 25% scored below 490 and 25% scored over 580. While the SAT is not required, this data indicates that students with a composite SAT score of 1170 or higher are competitive at Lynn University.
For most students, Lynn University does not require SAT scores for admission. Home-schooled candidates must present standardized test results. The optional SAT essay part is not required at Lynn University. Lynn does not superscore SAT scores; your greatest composite SAT score will be taken into account.
According to this admissions statistics, the majority of Lynn University’s accepted students scored in the top 48% nationwide on the ACT during the 2017-18 admissions cycle. The middle 50% of students admitted to Lynn University had an ACT composite score between 20 and 23, with 25% scoring higher and 25% scoring lower.
In 2018, the average high school GPA of Lynn University’s incoming freshmen class was 3.08. This data suggests that most successful applicants to Lynn University have primarily B grades.
Lynn University Conservatory of Music ranking
- 01 Jan, 2023: Lynn University ranks 6607 in the latest Webometrics Ranking Web of Universities from Webometrics.
- 27 Apr, 2022: Publication of THE World University Impact Rankings – Times Higher Education. Ranking position #1001.
- 28 Mar, 2022: US News: Best Grad Schools (US) (Medicine Primary Care) update. Lynn University achieves place 207.
- 24 Jan, 2022: Us News announced latest results of (Business) with Lynn University in position 244.
- 1 in Most Diverse Colleges in America by Niche, 2023.
- #53 in Regional Universities South by US News & Report, 2023.
- #55 among Best Value Schools by US News 2023.
- #123 among Top Performers on Social Mobility by US News in 2023.
- #60 among Best College Food in America by Niche, 2023.
- #138 among Best Colleges for Sports Management in America by Niche, 2023.
- #164 for Best College Campuses in America by Niche, 2023.
Lynn University Campus and Accommodations
The university is bordered by beaches, entertainment, and thriving businesses that provide a variety of internships and employment, making it ideal for student life. There are 30 student clubs and five Greek organizations on campus.
Academic clubs, spiritual clubs, cultural and foreign clubs, intramural sports clubs, art clubs, community service, leadership groups, and other organizations may be found at the institution. All students are permitted to bring their automobiles onto campus. To park their vehicle on campus, they must first complete a registration process at the Campus Communication Center. The Department of Campus Safety is on campus to safeguard the safety and well-being of all students and workers. It also promotes community safety by developing new and creative programs and exploring new crime prevention innovation possibilities.
Lynn provides students with medical services such as medical treatment, counseling, and numerous fitness programs and workshops. There are other religious groups for students. Lynn provides worship services as well as holy areas both on and off campus.
Lynn University provides seven student housing options in the United States. Lynn students have access to four living halls, two residence centers, and one hotel. Walking distance to the university, accommodation, and other resources. Traditional utilities, cable, free Wi-Fi, and other facilities are accessible for the comfort of students.
Lynn University Programs and Tuition
Lynn University offers 42 undergraduate major programs and 37 graduate programs with specializations to international students. It also provides certificate programs. Lynn offers customized instruction, and certain courses are also available online. Undergraduate core curriculum focuses on skill enhancement, participation in Seminar-Style Courses, Quantitative Reasoning, Scientific Literacy, Ethical Themes, and so on.
The institution offers certificate courses in areas such as Hospitality Management, Graphic Design, Investment Management, Entrepreneurial Management, Digital Media, Web Design, and Sports Management. T
The following are the annual costs of attending Lynn University’s top graduate programs:
|Programs||Tuition in USD|
|MS Clinical Mental Health||19,500|
|Master of Music||13,500|
|M.Ed. in Educational Leadership||17,550|
Lynn University Admission Process
Lynn University accepts overseas students in three yearly intakes. Prospective students are not charged any application fees by the university.
How to Apply: For undergraduate students, use the Common Application or the online First-Year Application, and for graduate program applicants, use the online Graduate Application.
Admission Requirements: The following are the basic admission requirements for gaining admission to the university:
- Completed application form
- Official high school transcripts in English or with English translation– sent directly to Lynn’s office of admission
- Official university transcripts for graduate applicants
- Personal statement
- ACT/SAT is optional
- Activity resume (extracurricular activities, volunteer work)
- Current resume by graduate applicants
- English language proficiency scores
English Proficiency Requirements
International students require adequate proficiency in English to get selected by the admission office of Lynn College. The basic English proficiency requirements for admission to the university are tabulated below:
Lynn University Application Deadlines
Following are the important dates for taking admission to Lynn University:
|Regular Decision||Dec 1, 2023|
|Regular Admission||After Dec 1|
|Early Action I||Nov 15|
|Early Action II||Jan 15|
|Regular Decision||March 1|
|Rolling Admission||After March|
|Fall||July 30, 2023|
|Spring||Dec 10, 2023|
|Summer||April 11, 2023|
Lynn University Cost of Attendance
An overview of total expenses of the undergraduate students in Lynn University is given below-
|Expenses||Amount in USD|
|Student Service Fee||1,750|
|Health Insurance Fee||1,650|
|Room & Board||12,720|
|Living Expenses (Transportation, Miscellaneous, Recreation, Etc.)||4,998|
|Total Cost Of Attendance||59,768|
Graduate students’ estimated cost of attendance is given below:
|Expenses||Amount in USD|
|Tuition||650-750 Per Credit|
|Room & Board||12,720|
|Health Insurance Fee||1,573|
|International Student- Special Fee||200 Approx|
|Additional Fee||Ranging from 30-750 Per Course|
Lynn University Notable Alumni
Lynn University’s alumni organization fosters a relationship between Lynn University and its graduates. Membership perks include online community access, a Lynn magazine subscription, a tuition reduction for alumni children at Lynn University, a campus store purchase discount, and so on.
It also offers notary and witness services, free admission to different events, and a membership to Connected Knights, Lynn University’s employment directory and career preparation tool. The Career Center assists alumni in obtaining their desired career and establishing a stable professional path.
Some Lynn University notable alumni include:
- Scott Gordon – Soccer Player
- Joseph Abruzzo – Politician
- Kendra Erika – Musician
- Maha Haddioui – Golfer
- Jean Alexandre – Footballer
Lynn University Placements
Career coaching, resume writing assistance, career shadowing, on-campus and off-campus networking opportunities, personality and skill evaluations, mentoring, job search portal, job search strategy, and other services are available to Lynn students. It offers roughly 500 internships to its students in various fields to help them prepare for future opportunities.
Lynn University graduates earn an average income of $60,797 USD. The starting pay for Lynn University grads is roughly 48,900 USD.
The average pay of Lynn graduates in various employment positions is shown below.
|Job Positions||Amount in USD|
International Lynn University Conservatory of Music Scholarship
The Lynn University Conservatory of Music was founded in 1992 and became part of the university in 1999. The conservatory of music offers two types of scholarship; the first is the full-tuition scholarship which all undergraduate, graduate, day, freshman, sophomore, junior and senior students receive once they are accepted in the conservatory of the music department. It follows that students do not need to make a separate application for this scholarship, as a full-tuition scholarship is awarded to all students. Acceptance to the conservatory is based on an audition process. The second scholarship is the room and board scholarship
Eligibility for the International Lynn University Conservatory of Music Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to domestic and international students
- undergraduate, graduate, day, freshman, sophomore, junior and senior students are eligible for the scholarship
- US citizen or permanent resident are eligible for the award.
International Students (F1 Visa) are required to provide additional supporting documents as listed below:
- Recent signed copies of tax returns for the year for a student, spouse/partner (if applicable) and parents/step-parents
- Statement of wages-earned for student, spouse/partner and parents/step-parents
- Financial statements for accounts held by student, spouse/partner and parents/step-parents
- A letter from the applicant’s sponsor stating the total estimated support to be provided for the 2020-21 school year
- The amounts in all financial documents should be converted to U.S. dollars. All documents must be translated to English
Application procedure for the International Lynn University Conservatory of Music Scholarship
- Domestic students will have to complete the FAFSA form .
- First-time students will have to apply for an FSA ID to sign the application electronically. And include Lynn University’s school code – 001505
- International students will have to complete the International Music Student Housing Application form here
- International students are also required to attach the supporting documents listed above.
- Send all documents to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed by the Office of Student Financial Services (SFS). And a recommendation is made to the Conservatory of Music regarding the applicants’ eligibility for financial assistance. The Conservatory of Music makes the final decision regarding applicant’s eligibility and the amount given as scholarship.
Benefits of the International Lynn University Conservatory of Music Scholarship
- Full tuition scholarship is awarded to all students in the Conservatory of Music.
- Housing allowance for eligible candidates. The Conservatory of Music decides the amount.
Deadline: All applications must be made by February 14 annually.