Fully Funded Mastercard African Scholarships: The Sciences Po and the Mastercard Foundation invite applications for up to 120 Mastercard Scholars to study at Sciences Po for the 2019/2020 academic year. Full scholarships are available to students from sub-saharan African countries.
In 2019, 5 scholarships at the Bachelor’s level, 8 scholarships at the Master’s level and 12 scholarships for the Summer School will be awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
Sciences Po is an international research university, both selective and open onto the world, ranking among the finest institutions in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
Worth of Award (Fully Funded Mastercard African Scholarships)
- Undergraduate Candidates: Five full scholarships are offered for 2019 to cover all tuition fees and living costs.
- Graduate Candidates: 8 full scholarships are offered for 2019 to cover all tuition fees and living costs.
- Summer School Candidates: 12 full scholarships are offered for 2019 to cover all tuition fees and living costs. These scholarships are reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at another of the Foundation’s partner universities (undergraduate or graduate level).
- The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
- As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualized academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to their business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Fully Funded Mastercard African Scholarships Eligibility
- Eligibility for the scholarship is determined in light of candidates’ academic record and socio-economic situation.
- Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible to apply: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for the Fully Funded Mastercard African Scholarships
Candidates must apply online on the dedicated website. There are two steps to the application:
- First, candidates provide personal information and a letter of recommendation from the Sciences Po partner institution which is supporting their application through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
- After this first step to assess eligibility, applicants receive an email inviting them to complete the rest of the application: information on their financial situation, their educational background and extra-curricular experiences, and their plans for the future.
- Eligible candidates will receive an email notification that they can apply online without having to pay the application fee.
- Important: eligibility for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program does not guarantee admission to Sciences Po, which entails a separate application process.
- The application to Sciences Po is then assessed as per the standard admission procedure for the chosen programme: Bachelor’s, Master’s or Summer School.
Deadline: Fully Funded Mastercard African Scholarships Application deadlines for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are:
- Bachelor: January 31, 2019
- Master: January 15, 2019
- Summer School: February 18, 2019.