The award is designed to raise awareness of internet privacy and security. It is an opportunity to become a leading voice in the growing debate on the fight against encryption, digital rights, Internet privacy and censorship.
Nice opportunity for students to win a $5,000 cash prize for study.
ExpressVPN makes available a fast connection and uncensored access to sites and services worldwide. The company is located in the British Virgin Islands and has been operating since 2009.
- The winner of the 2020 scholarship received a $5,000 cash prize.
- ExpressVPN also selects five runners-up, who will receive a one-year ExpressVPN subscription.
- Why should you enter? The winner will be featured on several communications platforms. It is the best resume-builder for a career in journalism, law, computer science, or any relevant field of study.
- Course Level: High School, Undergraduate, Graduate
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2020, no later than 11:59 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
- University or Organization: ExpressVPN
- Department: NA
- Award: A $5,000 cash prize
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1 winner and five runners-up
- Nationality: US, UK, EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa Citizen
- Awards can be taken in the USA, CA, UK, EU, NZ, AU, and SA
ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for high school, undergraduate, or graduate study courses in any subject
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Applicants must be presently enrolled in either a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school placed in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, the European Union, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- There is no age or citizenship requirement.
- Employees of ExpressVPN and their immediate family members are not qualified for this contest.
How to Apply for the ExpressVPN Future of Privacy Scholarship: To enter the grant competition, write an essay answering (600 to 800 words) the prompt:
- While privacy is often recognized as a human right, young children are frequently incapable of making choices in defence of that right. For example, babies have no say in whether their parents post photos of them on Facebook.
- To what extent should parents be free to make privacy-affecting decisions on behalf of their children? What (if any) new measures do you think governments or internet businesses ought to put in place in order to protect young children’s right to privacy?
- Applicants must send their essays through email only at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be effective, the submission email must include the following details: 1) Your name, 2) The school name, address, and contact details, 3) Your current grade level
- Supporting Documents: Must submit a valid ID and proof of enrollment in a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school
- Entry Requirements: One entry per student. Essays must be written in English.
- Language Requirement: English