Edinburgh University Global Research Scholarship
Edinburgh University Global Research Scholarship for international students to study for PhD in 2018/2019 academic year. These awards are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh UK
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
Eligibility: The Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship is open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study. Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on programme can not be considered for these awards.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master’s programme of study in 2016 and your PhD the following year in 2017, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2017.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: 30
Benefits: Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
Duration: Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
How can I Apply?
- Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details
Important Notes: All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of May 2018.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE