DAAD University Academics Scientists Research: DAAD invites applications for its grants which currently supports short-term research stays for foreign academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their education in Germany. There are funding programmes for various qualification phases and stages in a career.
The aim of this particular programme is to support short-term research stays and thus promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Worth of Award (DAAD University Academics Scientists Research)
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
DAAD University Academics Scientists Research Eligibility
- University teachers and established academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
- Former holders of fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are requested to contact first the Humboldt Foundation.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. A research stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
How to Apply DAAD University Academics Scientists Research
What requirements must be met?
- Applicants must work at a university or institute of higher education in their home country.
- The research project must be coordinated with an academic host institute in Germany. The applicant must be provided with a workplace.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
Deadline: October 31, 2018, for research stays starting from April 2019
April 1, 2019 for research stays starting from August 2019