Commonwealth scholarship 2020 is meant to offer scholarship opportunities to talented individuals who have the potential to make change. About 750 individuals each year get commonwealth scholarship which helps obtain a degree from a highly reputable university.
In this article, the following will be discussed in detail:
- Commonwealth scholarship
- How to apply for commonwealth scholarship
- Commonwealth scholarship 2020 India
- Commonwealth phd scholarship
- Commonwealth split-site doctoral scholarship
Commonwealth Scholarship 2020
Commonwealth Scholarships are fully funded scholarship for students within the commonwealth countries or region. Qualified candidates (students) are invited to apply for the 2020 commonwealth scholarship for developing countries, commonwealth PhD scholarship and many other scholarship opportunities by the UK government.
Commonwealth scholarships cut across various fields and levels of study. So if you are looking for commonwealth scholarship you are sure to find a scholarship that suits your educational needs.
In order to maximize the opportunities which the scholarship brings your way, you should ensure that you go through the scholarship details to identify the one for which you are most eligible.
How To Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship 2020
The interested and qualified candidate should know that the application for the commonwealth scholarship will occur during November period. The application period will only be different in 2020 if the scholarship is an affiliate to some international institution.
In order to apply for commonwealth scholarship, the applicant must:
- Have been granted refugee status or must be a citizen of an eligible commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Have been residing in an eligible commonwealth country.
- Be available to start his or her academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020.
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant Master’s degree.
- Have provided all supporting documents in the required format.
- Be unable to afford to study in UK without the commonwealth scholarship.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 India
The preliminary selection of qualified candidates for commonwealth scholarship is carried out in India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Department of Education and government of India. The process for the commonwealth scholarship in India will involve short listing the names of the applicants first and then followed by personal interviews in New Delhi.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarship 2020
The commonwealth PhD scholarships are for candidates from least developed countries and fragile states in the commonwealth, for full time PhD program in a UK university.
This scholarship is funded by the UK Department of International Development (DFID). Commonwealth scholarship in PhD program help talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. It is aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
This scholarship is given under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
commonwealth split-site doctoral scholarship 2020
Commonwealth split-site doctoral scholarships are meant for Ph.D. candidates from middle and low commonwealth countries, to spend up to 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral studies in their home country.
This scholarship is funded by the Uk Department of International Development (DFID). Below are the selection process in commonwealth split-site doctoral scholarship 2020:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the research proposal
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
For more detail about scholarship opportunities by the UK government visit http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/. Commonwealth scholarship is sponsored by UK university and it is meant for qualified candidates from commonwealth countries. The opportunity is meant for poorer citizens of commonwealth-member countries which cannot ordinarily afford to study in the UK.