Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program 2020
Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program 2020: Established in 2011, the Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership.
This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of expe
Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program Components.
For 2020, the Global Change Leaders Program consists of two main components:
- June 1 – July 17, 2020: A seven week on-site intensive course at the Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada where a collaborative relationship is fostered among facilitators and participants to draw out lessons and insights from their rich and diverse experiences.
- September 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021: Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentoring from experienced women leaders upon their return home for up to six months to follow on the application of learning into practice. Mentors and mentees will be matched during the residency period based on specific needs and geographic locations. Participants will also join a global alumnae network of women leaders.
- The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
- Program participants benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders from around the world. The program is led by a core team of staff in the International Centre for Women’s Leadership and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program 2020 Eligibility.
This program is targeted to women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
- Candidates must be from a country eligible for Official Development Assistance.
For 2020, priority will be given to eligible candidates who identify as Indigenous in their respective communities.
How to Apply for the Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program 2020
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
For further information, please contact email@example.com.