Chaffey community college is located in Rancho Cucamonga, California. Being a community college, it serves locals in Chino, Chino hills, Fontana, Montclair, and Rancho Cucamonga and it is considered one of the oldest colleges in California.
The School was established in 1883 by two brothers George and William Chaffey hence the name Chaffey college. The school has been ranked in the list of the 20 best community colleges in the USA and ranks no.3 in category of “cost and finance” making it affordable for low income earners.
With 3 campuses in Chaffey Cucamonga, the Fontina campus, Chino Campus and Online classes, the college has a total of 5992 undergraduates and a 100% acceptance rate, this community college is ideal for high school graduate in the California environs. Popular majors in the college includes Liberal Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Business.
Statistics shows that more than 50% of graduates go on to earn an income of $24,400. Some notable alumnus of the schools is Gloria Negrete McLeod, who is a US representative, Skip Ewing, a country music star, Alan Herskovits, 1997 National Teacher’s Hall of Fame Educator and Chaffey College Alumnus of the year.
CC College is a community-based college with a mission to improve the life of the community and providing an environment of educational excellence. It’s one of the first and finest college in California and fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Chaffey community college is diversified in the light that it admits international students. More than 20,000 students represent diverse communities of Riverside and San Bernardino counties. With students from more than 40 countries, there’s no single doubt about Chaffey’s diversified nature. Being located an hour drive from California beautiful beaches and mountains, Chaffey provides a peaceful and calm learning environment for its students.
Chaffey College Portal
Students are allowed to log into the Chaffey college portal. The portal is self-directory and students can pay their fees, register courses, and so on the portal. The portal requires students to login with given username and password
Chaffey College Library
The Chaffey College Library is located at 5885 Haven Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737, United States and operates with 9AM – 4PM
Chaffey College Jobs
Interested applicants will create an account and select a Username and Password. After the account has been established, applicants can import their resume from LinkedIn or upload it from a saved document on their computer. The resume must show all the relevant education and experience the applicant possess. Applications will be evaluated taking into account the breadth and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities.
Why should you consider Chaffey Community College?
Many persons have the opinion that students go to community colleges because they weren’t accepted by a 4-year school, this is however a big misconception. Many students opt for community college due to the high cost of tuition in universities and colleges.
Taking a 2-year course instead of a 4-year course offer the students opportunity to save up for college since most community college courses can be taken while working and hence prevents the student from taking out huge educational loans to finance a 4-year course in college.
Another factor to consider when choosing a community college is the transfer and graduation rate of the community college. These two rates represent how well a student does in school and their chances of transferring into a school of their choice.
Again, Some community colleges have string relationship with major universities and offer programs that provides a pathway into these schools.
Here are some reasons why Chaffey Community College is a viable option for you;
- Here’s a fun fact; California ranks 20th nationally in community college graduation and transfer rates. This ranking improved in just two years from #24 to #20.
- Its students enjoy a personalized education experience including extensive academic support, the best faculties, average class size of 35-40 students, and extracurricular activities to keep the students active.
- With more than 100 academic programs, a student has more than enough options to choose from.
- Students may either earn an associate degree, occupational certificate or baccalaureate degree and then transfer to a California state university, or a private university.
- Chaffey college is considered internationally friendly, with an international student center that is well equipped to provide the unique need of any international student/ foreigner by providing essential services like immigration information, campus employment, academic guidance, cultural and social activities, etc.
- Low cost of tuition; $6,984 a year for out-of-state student and $1,104 for in-state student makes Chaffey College the best option for low income earners and guarantees that the college will grant admission.
- At Chaffey College the graduation rate is 25%, retention rate of 72%, transfer rate of 10% and acceptance rate of 100%. Chaffey College seems like a good option for students who wish to transfer to a 4-year course after college.
Qualification for Chaffey College
- A high school graduate or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A student in high school who qualifies for the High School Dual Enrollment.
- High school transcripts for all schools attended. If the transcript is not in English, it must be translated.
- Test or Exam showing a proficiency in English language
- Copy of passport
- TOEFL OR IELF score.
- Financial or bank statement (dated within the last 6 months) verifying at least $24,700 USD to fund tuition and living expenses for a year. If the student is being sponsored by an organization, a letter of guarantee will be required assuring the school of the organization ability to fund tuition and housing expenses.
- Tuberculosis test and health insurance must be submitted (dated with the past 6 month) or the student might opt for getting tested at Chaffey Student Health Services.
- Non-refundable $40 USD which shall be paid at MyChaffey student’s portal after admission
How to Apply for Chaffey College
- Submit a free online application on the school website at chaffey.edu, if you experience any difficulty mail the help-desk at [email protected] for support.
- Contact the counseling department to make arrangements for orientation, assessment and educational plan.
- The schedule of classes in the website will help you arrange your classes for the rest of the semester.
- Register for classes by logging into the school website or portal.
- Tuition can also be paid using the school portal. Students have 10 calendar months to pay the tuition or risk dropping out.
- After payment, students can go ahead to print registration statement which is available in the school website and shall serve as receipt for school fees payment
High school dual enrollment
This option is available for students that wish to complete their high school diploma in the college and also earn an associate degree or certificate of any course of their choice. The following is required for admission:
- Be in 9th– 12th grade
- Must complete dual enrollment orientation available in the school’s website
- Complete the high school partnership enrollment agreement also available in the website
- For students who attended a private school or home schooled, they can provide the following;
- Dual enrollment agreement
- Waiver or liability agreement
- Official high school transcripts
- Home school affidavits (if home-schooled)
Frequently asked question about Chaffey Community College:
When does Chaffey College start?
|New student deadline
(outside the USA)
|Transfer student deadline
(In the USA)
|Spring 2020||Nov 1 2019||Dec 15 2019|
|Summer 2020||March 15 2020||May 15 2020|
|Fall 2020||Jan 1 2020||July 15 2020|
Where is Chaffey College?
Chaffey College is located at 5885 Haven Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737, United States
What city is Chaffey College in?
Chaffey College is a public community college in Rancho Cucamonga, California. The college serves students in Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and Upland with three campuses
When does Chaffey College summer school start?
First 6 Week Session starts between June 8 – July 17
Application Period (online with OpenCCC) Begins October 1, 2019
Summer Schedule of Classes on website starts on March 30