Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative
Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) seeks to develop a select group of young Nigerians into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
Application Deadline: 31st December, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Interviews follow at the US Consulate, Lagos, Nigeria
About the Award: The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. Following successful completion of their projects, fellows remain involved with CYFI and the U.S. Consulate through the CYFI Alumni Program.
You are committed to making a significant contribution to your community and country
- Skill & Experience
You have a unique set of skills and experiences that you can use to make an impact
- Strategic Thinking
You are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project.
You know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complimentary organizations
You know the area of social change in which you would like to work, and you can articulate the positive change that you would like to make
Selection: Applicants selected for an interview will be notified by the CYFI Board. Interviews will be held at the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Value of Program:
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern you
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
How to Apply: Application opens 12th December. You can only fill the application form after this date.
- In addition to providing biographical information, applicants will be asked to complete a hypothetical scenario. All fields are required.
- You may save the application and return to it at a later time. Please note however that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- To start the application, proceed to fill the form (to be available soon).
Award Provider: An Initiative of the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos.