Canada Francophonie Scholarship Program
Canada Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP) is a scholarship program designed to build institutional capacities by training employed nationals from developing countries of La Francophonie.
- Applications open: 31st August 2017
- Applications close: Deadlines vary by country
Eligible Countries: Bénin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodge, Cameroun, Cap-Vert, Comores, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa),Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominique, Égypte, Gabon, Guinée, Guinée équatoriale, Guinée-Bissau, Haiti, Laos, Liban, Madagascar, Mali, Maroc, Maurice, Mauritanie, Niger
République Centrafricaine, Rwanda, Sainte-Lucie, Sao Tomé-et-Principe, Sénégal, Seychelles, Tchad, Togo, Tunisie, Vanuatu, Vietnam
To be taken at (country): Canada (Quebec, Canada)
Fields of Study: All
About the Award:Funding for this program is entirely within the Government of Canada has entrusted the management consortium Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) and the World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
The long-term goal of the program is to promote the development of recipient countries by giving priority to:
- Training of trainers, particularly in the field of technical and vocational education
- Improving the skills of college and university personnel in the field of education and research
- Increasing and strengthening the skills of specialists and managers in the public and private sectors
Offered Since: January 1st, 2015.
Type: Masters and Doctorate
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Canada Francophonie Scholarship Programme:
- Candidates identified and selected may apply for university studies leading to a master’s and doctoral degree, for technical and vocational training, or for short-term internships.
- Institutions targeted by recipient countries conduct internal recruitment campaigns to identify qualified candidates who show the greatest aptitude for helping strengthen their institution’s capacities when they return to their country.
- Clinical training in pharmacy, medicine and dentistry is excluded.
Selection Criteria: Candidates must hold a key position so that the knowledge they acquire will benefit the capacity building of their institution.
- Candidates are selected by using a quota system for each recipient country. The quota approach allows recipient countries to define their own priorities for training, as well as the level of training required for the development of their institutions.
- A local advisory committee formed by representatives of various ministries selects candidates in their country. The accredited Canadian diplomatic mission acts as observer to ensure transparency of the selection process.
- The local advisory committee takes into account the candidates’ jobs in the sector or institution to be strengthened and the level of academic excellence as defined by host institutions. An equal number of applications by gender and country is required, and fluency of candidates in spoken and written French is also mandatory.
- Final admission to college or university is the sole responsibility of the relevant institution, and the scholarship becomes effective only when the candidate is admitted to the educational institution.
Number of Awardees: 1500 scholarships
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded
How to Apply: Apply here
For full information on Canada Francophonie Scholarship Programme eligibility criteria, evaluation procedures, application requirements, funding levels, deadlines, and exclusions, visit the CFSP website (in French).
Award Provider: Government of Canada
FOR MORE MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE