Canada: CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme
Canada: CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Programme provides funding and support to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders. Global Scholars are researchers within five years of their first academic appointment from anywhere in the world.
Application Deadline: 22nd February 2018
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Canada
About the Award: The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR), a Canadian-based global organization, brings together more than 400 researchers from 16 countries who are pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world. The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help early career researchers build networks and essential skills to position them as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
Fields of Research: In 2018, the eligible programs are:
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Bio-Inspired Solar Energy
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Humans & the Microbiome
- Molecular Architecture of Life
- Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment.
- Scholars’ research interests must be aligned with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on June 27-28, 2018 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be covered by CIFAR.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Value of Program: CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
- A two-year appointment to a CIFAR program aligned with their research interests
- Mentorship from experienced researchers
- Specialized leadership and communications skills training
Duration of Program: 2 years. The term will begin on September 1, 2018.
How to Apply: Applications are submitted online through CIFAR’s application system and must include three letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member or equivalent and preferably one non-academic leader.
See detailed overview of the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program.
Visit Fellowship Webpage for details
Award Provider: Canadian Institute for Advanced Research