British Council Civil Society Support Program
British Council Civil Society Support Program – The British Council is seeking a highly-experienced and dynamic governance and civil society professional for the role of Team Leader on a DfID-funded project in Ethiopia.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2017
To Be Taken At (Country): Ethiopia
About the Award: British Council Civil Society Support Program is leading a consortium for an anticipated DfID-funded programme to manage the delivery of grant support and capacity building activities to enable development of a professional civil society base, able to collaborate with government to meet the needs of the most marginalised people in Ethiopia.
We are seeking expressions of interest from highly-experienced and dynamic governance and civil society professionals for the role of Team Leader for this programme. The Team Leader will be leading the programme management team and be responsible for the overall vision, direction, detailed management and delivery of the programme as well as management of the consortium relationships, coordination of the country project teams, coordination with national and state actors and representing the programme at an institutional level with the Government of Ethiopia and the donor community. This role is for three years commencing April 2018 and is contingent on the British Council-led consortium successfully securing donor funding.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
- An advanced university degree in law, human rights, political or social sciences, or any other relevant discipline
- Demonstrable professional and technical knowledge and experience of working on civil society issues in Ethiopia, the Horn of Africa (HoA) or similar context
- Significant previous Team Leader/senior programme management experience of highly specialist, culturally diverse teams in complex and dynamic international development programmes
- Excellent knowledge of donor rules and regulations particularly fiduciary requirements from DfID, and/or EU in Sub-Saharan Africa as well as significant multi-donor donor-liaison skills
- Demonstrable ability to work strategically and provide leadership and direction to meet programme deliverables
- Demonstrable ability to influence key stakeholders and build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders and partners
- Experience of and familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation tools and of ensuring quality delivery of reports and their timely submission, research experience would be an asset
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills using political economy analysis and research to inform programme delivery.
- Good networks in the sector in Ethiopia to ensure immediate operational ability
- Fluency and report writing skills in English required, working knowledge of Amharic or other language in the country/region is desirable.
Number of Awards: 1
Duration of Program: April 2018 – April 2021 (approximate)
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and your CV tailored to the above requirements to SSA_E&S@britishcouncil.org with ‘Team Leader: Civil Society Support Programme’ in the e-mail subject line.
Award Providers: The British Council
Important Notes: Please do not send any other documentation. By sending your CV you also agree that we can retain your CV and email address on file for future consultancy work in Sub-Saharan Africa. If you wish for us not to do this, then please let us know when you apply.