Bedell World Citizenship Experience Asia Scholarship
Do you need financial support for your studies? If yes, then the University of Lowa pleased to offer the Bedell World Citizenship Experience Asia Scholarship.
The program is a competitive and merit-based designed for eligible undergraduate students wishing to study in a geographical area where Japanese, Chinese, or Korean is the primary language.
A valuable option to study at Iowa University with a $1,000 award.
The University of Iowa is the state’s oldest institution of higher education located in Iowa City, USA. The university offers undergraduate and graduates education, professional education, and education and training in the health sciences.
Why at the University of Iowa? The UI is home to one of the largest and most acclaimed medical centers in the country. It’s graduate programs ranked among the top 10 in the country. It seeks to advance scholarly and creative endeavour through leading-edge research and artistic production.
$1,000 Bedell World Experience Asia support will be awarded for a semester-length or academic year program.
- Course Level: Undergraduate Program
- Application Deadline: October 24, 2019
- University: University of Iowa
- Access Mode:Online
- Number of Awards:NA
- Nationality:Japanese, Chinese, or Korean students
- The program can be taken in the United States
Bedell World Citizenship Experience Asia Scholarship Eligibility
Eligible Countries: Applications from Japan, China, or Korea are eligible.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study undergraduate programs offered by the University.
Admissible Criteria: Applicant must:
- Applicants must be an undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking UI student in good academic standing
- Candidates must have completed at least 12 semester hours by the application deadline
- Students are demonstrated financial need per UI Award Letter
- Holders must have a 3.33 UI cumulative GPA as reported on the unofficial UI grade report
- Students must be a native Iowa resident (native residents of Iowa is defined as an individual who was born in Iowa and has spent the majority of his/her/their life in Iowa – as per donor’s request)
- Students must plan to study in a geographic area where Japanese, Chinese, or Korean is the primary language for at least one semester
- How to apply for the Bedell World Citizenship Experience Asia Scholarship: When applying for a scholarship, students may enroll in a formal academic study abroad program sponsored by the university or by another accredited US university or exchange organization or may enroll directly in a foreign university. After then apply for this online application process.
- Supporting Documents: If you wish to participate, you need to submit the application form, two essays (Statement of Proposed Study and Personal Statement (each 750 words or less), UI Award Letter and an unofficial grade report (both available from MyUI), and two letters of reference (UI faculty/Teaching Assistants).