APPLY NOW: Westerwelle Young Founders Program
APPLY NOW: Westerwelle Young Founders Program and attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany from 10 to 14 April 2018.
Application Deadline: 18th December 2018
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All African and Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Berlin, Germany/Applicant’s Home Country
About the Award: APPLY NOW: Westerwelle Young Founders Program is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
Type: Entrepreneurship; Career Fellowship
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
- Foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
Selection: Applicants will first be shortlisted according to their written application. The shortlisted candidates will then be invited for a Skype interview. Results of written application and Skype interview will be discussed by a jury and the selected candidates will be invited to participate at the Young Founders Programme.
Value of Program: During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation.
Duration of Program: 1 year.
- 10 – 14 April 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
- April 2018 – March 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
How to Apply: The application form is open until 18 December 2017 here
Award Provider: Westerwelle Foundation.