APPLY NOW: ARM Life Plc. Nigeria
APPLY NOW: ARM Life Plc. Nigeria is recruiting for fulltime Quality Assurance And Quality Control Associate.
Apply Now: ARM Life Plc. Nigeria is the Insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance and Quality Control Associate
- Ensures that the quality of all site installations is consistent with the company’s quality requirements as well as national and international standards and specifications, meeting customers’ satisfaction.
- Key interactions: Agents and Representatives of Governmental agencies, Contractors, Senior Design Associate, Senior Procurement and Contracting Associate, Project Associates, Construction Associates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the QA/QC management system at site
- Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site sub contractors and vendors coordinate all non destructive testing on site.
- Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
- Coordinate all receipt inspections
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits
- Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors
- Ensure all quality control documentation is complied with and completed for as-built hand over.
- Control all non-conformance reports and undertake remedial action
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Review the customers specification and undertake relevant training to Contractors or Subcontractors QC personnel.
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer
- Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues, Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors QC personnel
- Elaborating inspection and test programs
- Ensure that safety is strictly adhered to on site
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status
Technical / Other responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and buildings/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements
- Coordinate with the planning and scheduling department to ensure QA/QC milestone dates are understood.
- Resolve any discrepancies between the completed milestone and quality documentation
- Review suppliers inspection and test plans against the milestone scope of work
- Coordinate with the commissioning team to define the scope of work
- Assist the site subcontractors to compile QA/QC turnover dossiers
- Provide QA/QC progress information for incorporation into project reports.
- Consider the implications of delays in QC as-built turnover documentation and bring to the attention of the site Project manager
- Monitor and control the status of punch list and exception lists relevant to quality dossiers
- Coordinate any inconsistencies with test packages with the contractor or subcontractor field QC site inspectors.
Responsible for Completion and Handover for Operation:
- Test-run each item before use, perform acceptance and hand over to end user;
- Prepare equipment portfolio and user manual; co-ordinate with supplying contractors to organize operation training for the management and operation teams (if required)
- Progress Reports (Weekly, Monthly)
- Contractor QA/QC performance evaluation Reports
- Equipment portfolio and user manual
- HSE administration and report
- Store and material Receipt Quality Management reports
- Time on Field/Technical -95%
- Violations to construction quality-a.) No. of quality Non Conformance Reports issued by the design team b) No. of issues raised by operations/sales team during the handover process (35%)
- Violations to safety- No. of safety incidents which occurred on site during the year including a.) near misses b.) accidents c.) fatal accidents. (20%)
- Timeliness of reports-% submitted after set deadline (20%)
- Quality of report-% reports that conform to the pre-assigned template (10%)
- Co-ordinate relevant departments- Measured by an annual survey administered to the various team the employee regularly works with (5%)
- Feedback – The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (10%)
Min Required Experience:
- Sounds understanding and interpretation of drawings. Quality control inspectors must understand blueprints, technical documents, and manuals which help ensure that products and parts meet quality standards.
- Quality control inspectors must be able to use specialized tools and machinery when testing products.
- Knowledge of basic math and computer skills are important because measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications are major parts of quality control testing.
- Because workers sometimes lift heavy objects, inspectors should be in good physical condition.
- Knowledge of key processes and phases in construction (Structure, M&E, Finishing)
- Proficient in creating and understanding a planning schedule and work break down structure
- Very detailed knowledge of material, equipment, logistics, storage and security
- Ability to make quick and tough decisions
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate, influence, negotiate and manage contractors
- People management skills, to be able to instruct staff, deal with difficult staffing situations and maintain a productive, happy but disciplined working environment
- Pro-active good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans/programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward, expects good standards of work, tenacious, and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
- Organized, good at time management and prioritization of work
- Good eye for detail, e.g. for seeing small points in drawings, checking work quality
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
Experience and Education:
- A good Engineering Degree or HND from reputable institution plus Relevant professional QHSE Qualification.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Control and Assurance Management with a real-estate company
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can Click Here to Apply
About Arm Life Plc
ARM Life formerly CrystaLife Assurance Plc. is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM).Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services
FOR MORE JOB OPPORTUNITIES CLICK HERE