AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize 2019 for African Mathematicians
AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize 2019 for African Mathematicians: The African Mathematics Millennium Science Initiative (AMMSI) calls for nominations for the AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize for 2019.
The AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize is awarded annually to an African mathematician, living in Africa, who has made outstanding contributions to mathematics or to the applications of mathematics, that is, to the advancement of the body of mathematical knowledge, as evidenced by research and impact of the work. The award comprises a certificate with a citation on the winner’s scientific achievement as well as a cash prize of USD 6,000. The Prize has been made possible through a grant to AMMSI by Phillip Griffiths on his winning the Chern Prize in 2014.
The award comprises a certificate with a citation on the winner’s scientific achievement as well as a cash prize of USD 6,000.
Scholarship Type: Award
Application Deadline: 31st August 2019.
Number of Awards: 1
Nominations are welcome from any part of the world
How to Apply for the AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize 2019 for African Mathematicians:
Each candidacy must include
- One letter by the nominator(s) forwarding the nomination and giving the contact details of each nominator and his/her institutional affiliation. Please note that nomination by oneself will not be accepted.
- Full name, email address and mailing address of the person nominated.
- Home web-page of the nominee (if any).
- The proposed citation (a concise statement of not more than 250 words detailing the outstanding contributions).
- Justification for nomination (the nominator(s) should cite the reasons for considering the candidate to be deserving and include explanations of the impact of the candidate’s work arising from his/her publications and activities) (maximum four A4 pages).
- A brief Curriculum Vitae of the nominee including selected major publications (maximum four A4 pages).
The nomination should be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
Send a copy to: AMMSI Administrator <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Award Provider: Phillip Griffiths