African Development Bank (AfDB) Job Recruitment 2018 – African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the head dish African advancement foundation, advancing monetary development and social advance over the mainland. There are 80 part states, incorporating 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s improvement motivation is conveying the money related and specialized help for transformative tasks that will essentially decrease destitution through comprehensive and reasonable financial development.
We are enrolling to fill the position beneath:
Job Title: Records Clerk
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001401
- The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units, including the Office of the President, Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit, Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Committee, Administrative Tribunal, Office of the Auditor General, Group Risk Management Directorate, General Legal and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Offices and Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat.
- The role of the Banks’ Office of the Secretary General and the General Secretariat (PSEG) is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy, High 5s, and Development and Business Delivery Model (DBDM) by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank.
- PSEG comprises: (i) the Immediate Office of the Secretary General (PSEG0) which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section, the Corporate Governance Policy and Shareholder Relations Section and a Conferences and Meetings Section; (ii) a Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG1); and (iii) a Protocol, Privileges and Immunities Division (PSEG2).
- Within the General Secretariat, the role of the Records Assistant is to maintain and manage the documentary repository and records of the Bank’s Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors and all Bank documents from all sources, with a view to preserving and safeguarding the Bank’s institutional memory.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Records Assistant will be in charge of monitoring the management of physical, electronic and audio-visual records that are received at the Bank’s Records Department. S/he will assist in the implementation of the Records Management System from document creation to the final phase. Under the general supervision of the Records Officer, the Records Assistant will be responsible for:
Collection, Organization, Conservation and Accessibility of archived records:
- Serve as a liaison between decentralized classifications and the Records Section;
- Ensure the transfer of semi-active and inactive files to the archives;
- Finalize and forward transfer slips;
- Condition, rate and make various computer entries of file data;
- Research and communicate archival records.
- Receive and manage files from the units;
- Sort and eliminate unnecessary documents;
Digitization of the Bank’s Historical Documents:
- Exit and select the documents;
- Prepare documents and photocopy them (if necessary);
- Digitize and control the image produced .
- Read and analyze documents processed;
- Classify documents;
- Fill index fields;
- Validate indexes to save the document in the Bank’s database.
Development of research instruments in collaboration with the records officer:
- Search and collect data;
- Consolidate and classify data collected;
- Undertake formatting when required; and
- Perform an annual update.
Filing and preservation of documents:
- Maintain a classification system of key Bank documents;
- Undertake conditioning;
- Classify each file;
- Ensure efficient management of the archiving space assigned to this function.
Serve as back-up and participate in the implementation of the Bank’s Disclosure and Access to Information (DAI) Policy:
- Assist in the retrieval of documents related to access to information request ;
- Generate statistics and data on requests received and processed;
- In close collaboration with colleagues, help with the dissemination of documents;
- Participate and assist in organizing DAI’s awareness activities.
- Perform all other duties based on service needs.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in library sciences or its equivalent in any other related discipline;
- At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience in records management;
- Team spirit and good reaction skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively both in French or English and a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Experience in a centralized data management system in a dynamic and high volume archiving environment;
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships, proven organizational skills;
- Ability to work on all types of documents, detail- and rigor-oriented;
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline 15th January, 2018.