2019 Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship: Oxford University invites suitably qualified international students who want to study in the field of Humanities to apply for the fully-funded Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship programme tenable at Oxford University in 2019-2020 academic year.
The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Programme funds full-time graduate degrees in various subjects in the Humanities. Established in 2012, the programme is supported by the generosity of Mica Ertegun.
As Ertegun Scholars, the world’s top graduate students in the Humanities are brought together in a unique setting that fosters dialogue across academic disciplines, across cultures and across generations. Ertegun Scholars will leave Oxford prepared to be leaders; not only leaders in their chosen fields, but also leaders of global thought and opinion and leaders of positive action for the betterment of humanity.
Worth of 2019 Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship
- 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £14,777), plus exclusive use of Ertegun House
- Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based on satisfactory academic progress.
- Ertegun House – a fully modernized, non-residential 1808 building located at the heart of Oxford’s academic community – provides an environment for study and camaraderie that is unique at Oxford and unparalleled in the world.
- Each Ertegun Scholar has his or her own dedicated space for research and writing, opportunities to participate in social occasions and lively lectures, performances, and other activities developed expressly for the Ertegun Scholars, and access to Wi-Fi, on-line access to Oxford libraries and state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
- The Director of Ertegun House, a distinguished member of the Oxford faculty, is available full-time as a mentor to the Ertegun Scholars and a resource to help them make the most of their experiences at Oxford and at Ertegun House.
FOR MORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
2019 Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship Eligibility
- For entry in 2019-2020, at least ten scholarships will be available. You should be applying to start a new one- or two-year full-time Master’s degree or three-year full-time doctoral degree at Oxford.
- You must be applying to start a new full-time graduate course at Oxford.
- You must be applying to a Humanities course within the following faculties:
Classics (including classical archaeology); English Language and Literature; Fine Art (DPhil in contemporary art history and theory only); History (including history of art and the history of architecture); Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics; Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature); Music; Oriental Studies (including Far Eastern and Middle Eastern Studies, and the study of a wide range of languages); Philosophy; Theology and Religion; and the Film Aesthetics and Women’s Studies interdisciplinary courses.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the additional criteria outlined on the Ertegun supporting statement form
How to Apply for the 2019 Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the University of Oxford scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course.
- You must also complete an Ertegun supporting statement (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
- To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline, or course applications which have been put on a waiting list, are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
2019 Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship Deadline: In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must submit your application for graduate study by January 11, 2019